Holy crap, the viruses~

Going to be gone for a long time? Just got back from a trip? Keep us in the know here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Holy crap, the viruses~

Post by DNS »

So.. Either myself or my boyfriend got my desktop computer (the mortician) infected with the viruses. :D This frustrates me, but I'm handling it like I always handle it: Destroy, Destroy, destroy~!!

This means the mortician will be out of commission for a few days, until I DBAN & reinstall windows.

Why is this relevant to Nexus? The mortician is my art computer. D: I won't touch my art files on any other computer, because I'm insane and crazy ocd about gamma perfection on my CRT monitor.

Therefore, any art will have to be put on hold. D: sorry.

This means-
Generational project
Hydras- the phlegethon hybrids, which will be the last clutch there
the fudogs
those final pernese i need to get out
and rachael and shard's birthday presents.

They will resume soon, though.

I'm gonna open some of those giveaways, though-- the phlegethon and the fudogs, anyway. or perhaps just the fudogs. :D get those out o fthe way as soon as possible, and then focus on the generational project a little. :3

I can still do paging, though. :D
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Don't download stuff. Seriously. That's the only way to not allow a computer to become infected. Don't open crap you don't know for sure, and don't trust anything that doesn't already have thousands of people using it (and I don't mean torrents lol).

Anyway, we'll wait :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nodnod- D: It was only when downloads started happening more regularly that this became an issue. :x Bwaaa. But I was kind of expecting it, and I'm not surprised. D: I just hope it doesn't happen again, but meh.

I'm just glad that all my files were generated on this computer, so there's not much worry about them. :D yay for psd and html files! :3

Good news, though-- I'm updating this.. from the mortician! :D photoshop was just installed, I'm gonna do a quick gamma adjust, get pidgin working, and install frontpage, and them I'm good to go. Bweeheeheee.

Infinite kittens and awesomeness and fluff to me. :3