Missed Birthdays - ANGEORIA and SIL!

Happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo... full of dragons! Come let us know it's your birthday!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Missed Birthdays - ANGEORIA and SIL!

Post by StarFyre »

Alrighty, since I lost the old posts and had no chance of snagging them, please tell me if I missed your bday. I know I had a list of people, but my internet died before I had a chance to grab anything except Mystic's info.

So! Kindly resub, if you would. ^^ And state if you want something random, an old-base Myrsilk, or a new-base Myrsilk.

Owed Dragons:
Kless: New-base Myrsilkain
Kitsuneko: Old-base Myrsilkain
Dray: Random Myrsilkain
Jess: Random
StarDancer: Random
Cacopheny: Nemishai
Lakota: Random

-StarFyre
Last edited by StarFyre on Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:21 pm, edited 11 times in total.
angeoria
Fledgling

Post by angeoria »

Mine, though it was quite some time ago... ^^;

I'm really not picky about type; surprise me. ^_^
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

^.^ Time doesn't matter. I'm just bored as all heck and want to draw stuff. I mean, today is just one of those "sit around and relax" days... which makes me thankful for my grandmother.

-StarFyre
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

I don't think you gave me anything...*has a crappy memory anyways* If not, could I have a new base Myrsilk? *is very interested in seeing it*
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Mine. Old-base Myrsilkian. :D
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

:oops: Oops! You gave me a beautiful fire dragon. I think it was called a medial dragon? Sorry, I still need to get her up.

*Edit*
Here's a link

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/ ... bday05.png
Last edited by Kless on Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Hmm... I'll check that on thursday, Kless. I've got all the images I've made for people saved on my computer. *nods* That'll answer the question easily enough.

-StarFyre
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*armflails in the air like a small child who knows the answer* Me! Mee! Pick mee!

Er, I mean... X3 I didn't get an image from you, yet, and I'd really like one! Whichever you would rather colour up is fine, I don't have a preference for old or new image. :DD
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

My b-day was in May, and I had requested just something random, when you had this up in the last forum
stardancer
Hatchling

Post by stardancer »

June b-day...

Mm.. something random. *coughs* I like Kless' image though, if that's any help. ^^
angeoria
Fledgling

Post by angeoria »

I'm nearly positive that's one of Lerial's dragons, Kless - StarFyre's style is quite different.
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

I kept getting people confused when we were still mainly on the yahoo group. :? It probably is Lerial's.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Kless, thine answer is... nope ^^ Didn't give you one. So! Thou shalt get one!

-StarFyre
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Oh Mmmmyyyyssstttiiiiccccc! Thine birthday gifty be ready!

Name: Up to you.

Gender: Up to you, though I've been calling it a him. Granted, a rather feminine boy, but oh well =P

Race: Nemishai

Color: Fire red, with wings in five flavors of gold (and with two primaries on each wing being silver)

Powers: Coldfire (described below), Communion (ability to summon, see, and speak with the dead), Translation (a form of teleportation, s/he can 'sidestep' to different places in the blink of an eye without hassle, and without having to take off the ground, but passengers will undoubtedly get sick until they get used to that manner of travel), Formshifting (to quadrapedral form, the only way to Translate others), Verbal and Telepathic speech

Information: This beauty stands about 7 feet tall in bipedral form, and is about 14' tall at the shoulder and about 30' long in quadrapedral form. The clothes merge into its body during the Formshift as well, disappearing in quadraped form, and reappearing in biped form... or, that's how it's supposed to work. Practice is needed to perfect that, after all. The crest on its head is spines of a pale bluish-opal color, and can be raised and lowered at will. The earrings are personal mementos, as are the bands on its upper arms and on its tail, what they mean are up to you. The silver neckband is a strange piece of unknown origin, and is always present, no matter which form s/he is in. (The earrings and bands can be present in both as well, if you wish).

The two silver primaries on both wings aren't dyed silver, they're bleached by the Coldfire magic that s/he uses. On the other hand, the eight red bands and three blue bands -are- dyed, and need to be refreshed every few months (if using permanent dye), or every few days (if non-permanent dye). The colored bands have meaning, which you can decide. The rest of the feathers on the primary layer have already begun to bleach out, as have the feathers above them. With constant and excessive use of magic, it's entirely possible that in a few years, his/her wings will be five flavors of silver, not gold. (If you want me to do the 'in a few years' pic, just tell me and I will ^^ it'll be a few quick clicks to do so).

The eyes do have pupils, it's just really hard to see them, much like it is with the Hathians. The pupils are larger than a Hathian's, though, and are a bit more visible.

Now, as for Coldfire. Basically, it's everything fire is, but inversed. Cold instead of hot, freezing instead of burning, blue instead of red... it can still consume wood and other materials, but it freezes the air instead of heating it. Very bad frostbite is very possible if someone is hit with a strong enough Coldfire blast. As the book I originally got the idea from described it, Coldfire is a thing of death, not life. Granted, delicate use of it can be used to heal (fevers can be brought down, etc) but in general, it's much more of a death-based magic, not life-based.

*grins* And considering the fact that s/he is playing with three 'balls' of Coldfire in this picture, I get the idea that s/he is definitely an obsessive compulsive user of magic. *laughs* ^^

Well, enjoy!

-StarFyre
Last edited by StarFyre on Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Very impressed

Post by Cacopheny »

Oh. My. That's beautiful o.o

Kin I snag one of *those* for *my* birthday? XD

:: doubts it, as it doesn't look like your typical template-image... XD :: But it's still gorgeous! Very well done ^^ I love the feathers, and the texture, and the colors, and the ear bangles, and.. and... it's cool ^^
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*snickers* Nope, that's not my typical template image in the slightest. =P When is/was your birthday, Cacopheny? I'll go and doodle you up one of the same type if you'd like.

You'll just have to give me your favorite colors for me to use, is all =P

-StarFyre
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

For meeeeeee? o.o But you hardly know me! ^^'

:: looks back and forth all shifty-eyed, stares at Mystic's pretty biped a moment, and decides to stop complaining... XD ::

Earth tones-- any shade of brown, metallic browns like copper and bronze, and most shades of green-- *or* (not *and*, because these look horrible with earth tones >.> ) blue-gray with black and white.

And my birthday's next weekend, or I prolly wouldn't even ask... XD
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*grins* And I hardly knew my real life friends when I started getting them stuff. I like to give things to people, it makes me feel good. *smirks, plots what to do with your colors*

-StarFyre
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

O.O *kerglomps StarFyre* Oh my gawd he's GEORGOUS! Thank you sooooo much! ^_^ I need to do a story for him. After that, I'll think about asking for a 'few years later' picture. *snugs him and runs off to plaaaaay...*
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Hmm.. now who should this little baby go to... oh, I know! Angeoria! Come, take home thine pretty!

Name: Up to you
Race: Na'hashin (nah-hah-shin)
Size: Think large pony/small horse
Color: Dark red body fur, gold mane and tail
Powers: Extremely Strong Telepathy, See Invisible, Nightvision

Information: The Hashin are a species of small (think kitten sized) plains dwellers discovered on the Plains of Kanath by Shonakasen and named by Tirval and Lesara. At Tirval's request, Shonakasen found and brought back a young mother who had yet to give birth to her kits. And so the study began.

The first puzzling thing to show up was the kits - they were tame from the moment they were born, though their wild-born mother was not. As the kits grew older, they acted much like long domesticated felines - easily trained, very smart, perfectly loving, and completely and totally tame.

Wondering at this, Tirval asked Shonakasen to find a few more wild born Hashin, and he began to breed them, using his magic to alter them slightly... or so he though.

The magic took to them as if they had been crafted for later altering. Instead of becoming slightly more intelligent, they became as smart as a child and highly telepathic, attaching themselves to a single person much like a true flitter, and acting as a guard and confidant despite their small size.

Then Tirval decided to make them slightly bigger - kitten sized creatures really weren't good guards, after all - and so the Na'hashin were born. Growing rapidly from birth, the Na'hashin top out at about six feet tall at the shoulder at most, usually ranging from 4' tall to 5' tall. They're smart enough to hold logical conversations with, have extraordinary telepathic ability, and are as fiercely loyal as Mystic's Remorai... if a bit more discreet about it. Their ability to see in nearly complete darkness - as well as their ability to see beings that are invisible - make them excellent guards and defenders.

But that is not all they are. The Na'hashin - unlike their parent race the Hashin - understand how to take the initiative, and enjoy seeking out their own paths in life. They will always find a single person to devote themselves to, but they have the creativity to examine different paths that they could take, and decide whether or not taking such a path would benefit "their" person in the long run.

They take orders, but only from 'their' person - everyone else just isn't worth the bother... unless, of course, 'their' person commands them to obey another as well.

Oh, and don't attempt to attack or steal something from a Na'hashin's person then try to run away on land. The Na'hashin are powerfully fast runners, and have more staying power than the best bred horse.

Enjoy ^^

-StarFyre
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

::laughs:: Well, my birthday is February 22nd, so technically it's passed, but I wasn't part of this group then. If you truly are bored, gift me with something random :3
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Well, ye asked for it, Sil! ... This makes it a bit odd compared to the other gifts I've given out, but oh well. I wanted to have the entire set done.

Name, Gender, and Strength are up to you. Equine Coloration: Silver Dapple (Northwest) This one will be able to summon the Northwest Wind. It's personality and powers will be a mixture of North and West (described below for sake of ease).

North: all the white/gray colorations. They are mainly healers and 'guides', a few healers will lean more towards physical, most towards mental/emotional healing, some will be both. The Alevaharin of the North know much of history and folk lore. They are generally slightly stronger in empathy than others, and can summon the North Wind in varying intensities.

West: blacks, ravens. These are traditionally the strong warriors or protectors, yet they can often leave on quests with little to no warning. Visions (open to interpretation of course) are common for them and they find their dreams incredibly meaningful. Their empathy is often stronger than telepathy with them, and they can summon the West Wind in varying intensities

Remember, it'll have three strength scores. One for Telepathy, one for Empathy, and one for the strenght of it's Direction. Since both North and West tend to be high in Empathy, that score will be higher than Telepathy, undoubtedly. Scoring is from one to ten (ten being strongest) on all three.

And remember to go read up on the naming rules for these guys. (on the bottom of that page is an example of a simple stat sheet for one of these guys).

Ok, I think that's it. Enjoy!

-StarFyre
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Awww... the baby is so KYOOOOOT! *snuggles her Kumathra and reminds herself to get him up on a page soon*
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Yes ^^ the baby is - I'm glad I succeeded in that attempt. And for any of you wondering - Yes, that is the set I'll be using whenever I have Alevaharin broods. Whenever that happens.

-StarFyre
angeoria
Fledgling

Post by angeoria »

Oh my gosh... I just found this, and StarFyre, he's amazing. I love your coloring, it's so wonderfully furry. ^^ Just need to figure out what to do with this beauty now... :D
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

^.^ Thanks. I like to think I'm getting good at coloring fur, considering how many creatures I've done lately that require me to do fur for them. It's actually almost easier than shading/coloring a hided creature... but it does make my right thumb hurt, so I have to be careful how much I do it.

I'm glad you like him ^_^
angeoria
Fledgling

Post by angeoria »

Do you have a pad, or do you do the coloring with only a mouse? Because, you know, if you do, I think I'm just going to die of awe over here. *g*
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Everything I do is done with a mouse. I've even edited/changed the pose of some of my pictures with my mouse, although that takes hours, generally. I'm not lucky enough to have a pad/tablet yet, though I want to get one this Christmas... hopefully.