Didra Gons - New Eggs Each Friday

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

:D Playing by personality is part of the fun! Though I figure if I -really- wanted a certain element, I'd just make a Didra Gon with a personality based around it. Although I'm kind of thinking....

Dray, if I put my 3 elemental ticks into electric on Serendipity, would she evolve to tier 2?
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Nope, but she'd be one point away! :)
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Alright, I'd like to put my freebies into electric for Serendipity, please. :)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Done and done! (Looks like I'd better get the Fire/Electric template drawn and coloured! X3)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Info
*Rules
*Game Mechanics
(Hover mouse over Didra Gon images in the below links to find owners and names)
*Eggs and Babies
*Tier 1 Critters
*Tier 2 Critters
*Tier 3 Good Critters
*Tier 3 Neutral Critters
*Tier 3 Wicked Critters

Waiting List
* Cy - Image

Free For All
ImageImage

Egg Claim
Cy and free-for-allers who wants another egg: answer the egg level question below to claim your egg. If you're on the waiting list, you have 24 hours (or whenever I log in and post after the 24 hour mark is up, if I can't be on right on the dot!) After this your egg will be passed on to the next person on the wait list or offered up for grabs.

Level: Egg
Pick One Colour Listed Below:
Black
Blue
Brown
Green
Grey
Purple
Red
White
Yellow

Tier 0 (Baby)
You take your Didra Gon out to play. It wants to go to:
The playground
The beach
The park
The amusement park
The graveyard
The woods
The climbing wall

Tier 1 (First Elemental Evolution)
You allow your Didra Gon to have unsupervised weekend to itself. It:
Completely wrecks your home but has a really good time
Guards your home and waits anxiously for your return
Goes about its regular routines without even noticing
Relaxes and spreads out for some alone time

Tiers 2 & 3
Your Didra Gon has chosen a profession. They have become:
A Fireman
A Stunt Double
An Engineer
A Hunter
A Crime Lord
A Botonist
A Paleontologist
An Artist
A Police'Gon

Breeding Form!
Your Name:
Didra Gon's Name:
Tier: (Tier 2 and up to breed only)
Element(s):
Moral Alignment: (Neutral unless otherwise stated)
Breed With: (If you want a specific pairing)

Post by Guest »

The playground
The beach
The park
The amusement park
The graveyard
The woods
The climbing wall

Deciding that I'd like to spend a day with my newest addition to the family, I took Zebulon to the beach, one of my favorite things to do. Zeb took one look at the water, and dove right in. Frolicked for over an hour too. Afterwards, we sat in the sun for a while, soaking up the warmth like kittycats (me properly slathered in the highest SPF I could find, Zeb in a kids' formula). We headed back to the water, walking along the edge, while he scavenged for sea-shells and odd stones. We even found a sand dollar! All in all, I think my little guy was very happy with the one-on-one time.

Taeresi was off at work, and after deciding to spend some one on one time with Zeb, I figured I'd give it a try, and let Cyli have the apartment to himself for the weekend. Big mistake. He thought it'd be fun to have some of his not-so-good-influencing friends over for a little party, that turned into a large-scale trash-the-apartment session. Yeah. Two words: indefinitely grounded. He's going to be getting a part time job to help pay for the havoc he wreaked. (however, I'm pretty sure he thinks it was worth the punishment to be able to have a wild party that will be talked about by everyone at school for the next few months.

Tiers 2 & 3
A Fireman
A Stunt Double
An Engineer
A Hunter
A Crime Lord
A Botonist
A Paleontologist
An Artist
A Police'Gon

Taeresi has become 'Junior Officer Taeresi'. Not really a shock, considering his high morals. He graduated from college with a bachelor's in Criminology. He's in the police academy, top of his class. I'm so proud. (wishing a little bit of the goodness would rub off on my perpetually trouble-making Cyli.) Zeb is so excited to get to ride around in the police car with his big brother, and idolizes Taeresi.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh Taeresi, how quickly a job promotes growth. XD

Taeresi is ready to evolve to Tier 3 Good, Feline! Before he can do that, I need you to a small trait from the Tier 3+ Customization List (The 'Good' section, naturally!)

Once that's done, I can draw the new template. It should take a couple of days! :D Congrats!

Post by Guest »

VERY awesome indeed!! Thank you!! How about Swirly Gold Markings around Feet please? That would be pretty awesome.

When you put up police 'gon, it just sounded like Taeresi's calling, you know?

BTW.... I'm just curious... how many more tics does Cyli need to evolve? (I'm having fun having two didra gon's who are so VASTLY different)
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Tier 0 - Szero
The park

Tier 1 - Anamme

Tier 1 - Coruso

*not up for writing the tidbits again* *sheepish* ^.^; *cross fingers for Szero!*

Edit: Hey, I seem to be in time for an egg! :O Can has red? *hopeful wibble*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Kitsuneko »

Tier 0: I took the day to spend some time with my newest Didra Gon. Ian was very excited about going hiking in the woods for the day. He was constantly pointing out all the plants and animals he saw to me, and we had a nice picnic before heading home...

Tier 1: ...to the house, which was practically ransacked. The first thing Ash does is come right up to me and say how it's all Nate's fault, it was his idea to have a party, so she invited her friends and he invited some shady people, and before she knew, it was totally out of control, she tried to stop it, really!
Can you say grounded? One a lot more than the other...

(For the record: Nate-Completely wrecks your home but has a really good time
Ash-Guards your home and waits anxiously for your return)
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.

Post by Guest »

Canal - Tier 0
The playground
The beach
The park
The amusement park
The graveyard
The woods
The climbing wall

Canal briefly considered visiting the graveyard and I started freaking out. I've had a thing with d-y-i-n-g since I was very little... Graveyards are places I avoid with every bone in my body. The nerves were definately flying on the way there, but at about the halfway point Canal pointed to the woods and asked me to stop. You have NO IDEA how relieved I was.

Raine - Tier 1

I expected Raine to wreck the place... have countless friends over and learn my lesson about ever letting him be alone again- but he didn't. He kept to himself, read a couple books, etc. I'm... impressed.

Noogie - Tiers 2 & 3
A Fireman
A Stunt Double
An Engineer
A Hunter
A Crime Lord
A Botonist
A Paleontologist
An Artist
A Police'Gon

Noogie's always loved music, and has really kept to his (electric) guitar since its purchase. He may or may not be the world's next rock (haha... electric... rock... his elements worked out all too well) god, but music is most certainly going to remain a part of his life.
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

I finally pried myself away from playing Pokemon. XD

Tier 0: As I've said before, Niiro hasn't ever professed much interest in anything except when mealtime is, but when I mentioned that we'd all be going to the beach for a week he got... well, I wouldn't call it excited but it was certainly the most attention he'd paid to anything since that boring documentary. We got to the beach and all he wanted to do was sit in the sand with his eyes closed, listening to the sound of the waves. He looked like a pretty content, sandy little lump.
Niiro: The beach

Tier 2: Kiryu is a shlub of a Didra Gon, he doesn't want to do anything when he "grows up" other than slack about, harass people and otherwise be the definition of ne'er do well. That being said, when he saw what was required of a police'gon, he was all for it. Getting paid to boss people around and beat the shit out of other ne'er do wells such as himself? Score! He'd definitely be the type of cop that would be easily corrupted though.
Kiryu: a police'gon

What there isn't a job where you can get paid to sit and watch tv? If there were, you can guarantee that Chistery would be all over that. But, since there's not he'll go for his second favorite hobby and become an artist. He loves to draw, mostly cute furry animals, and has recently taken up a touch of painting. One thing's for sure, Chistery would never be a very prolific artist. He's too lazy! XD Maybe I'll buy him a tablet so he can lie on his back and draw...
Chistery: an artist
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Tier 0 (Baby) Halka!

The amusement park - while Halka seems outwardly shy it really does have a penchant for finding rides that spin and swirl!

Now comes the hard part.
Tier 2 Mookey

A Fireman - lol. Unless Mookey's element allows him to actually spit water on flames, the closest he gets is a barbeque pit.
A Stunt Double - ..... While he's very energetic and apt physically, Mookey likes being his own star.
An Engineer - what KIND of engineer? Because, well, not the kind that sits behind a desk and types at a computer all day! But Mookey's practical experience with building and creating things including his oft-visited tree house clearly qualify him as a civil engineer type!
A Hunter - pfft. He's got cheetahs for that.
A Crime Lord - oh heavens no. He isn't even sure why this would possibly exist!
A Botonist - on one hand, he DOES know a lot about pasta. On the other hand, he would rather eat a plant and use its raw materials than study it.
A Paleontologist - hm. No.
An Artist - he IS artistic! But in a practical way, almost everything he's ever made, while it has a beauty and flair to it, is altogether more practical than purely artistic.
A Police'Gon - nope, but he would never hesitate to call on them should he spot that Crime Lord!

So I suppose "Engineer" would be about the best profession for my constantly-working Mookey!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Feline
:) Gold swirlies it is. I'm glad that that question worked out for you -- I have a feeling that it's not going to be easy for some people.

Unyko
Szero is evolving!
Image -> Image
Szero the BABY evolved into an ASTILBODY!

Image -> Image
Name?

Kitsuneko
XD *passes over a broom and a dustpan* No evolution today! Nate's ready to go in -four- different elements now though, so he must be biding his time just to cause trouble. :P

Reenee
Your puns, they slay me weekly! XD No evolutions today!

Kayla
XD No evolutions today; Niiro's building up though!

Shard
Awesome! Tics noted, but no evolution today!

Post by Guest »

Dray wrote:Your puns, they slay me weekly! XD No evolutions today!
PUN HELL, PUN HELL! =D
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Tier 0 (Baby)
The playground
The beach
The park
The amusement park
The graveyard
The woods
The climbing wall

Turien wanted to go to the woods away from home. For him, I guess it's the best of all worlds. It's got trees, rocks, a little place to swim and not to mention bugs. I watched him trying to catch the dragonflies that were flittering around the area. He seems pretty fascinated with them!

I had to go away for a while, to take Turien to the woods. A few others wanted to go as well... I swear, I'd left Kibby in charge but I think he got distracted with his newest lady love. Serendipity threw a massive party in the apartment and completely trashed EVERYTHING. As for Mercutio? I'm not sure he even noticed. He's been secreted away lately with some newest project, only emerging to go out with his friends. I never see that boy!
Last edited by Silver Midnight on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*dance for glee!* ^.^ Yay!
Szero: *settles down, just happy to have longer limbs, finally*

And for the new baby... hmm.. Kiu. <3
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

Sil
No evolutions today, but both Serendipity and Mercutio are close! @.@

Uny
Kiu it is!

...And I need to squirrel that name away for a later date. *cackles* X333
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

<3!

And: is it just a name you're interested in, or should I be afraid? o.o
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

Just the name... 'Kiu' sounds so much like 'Q' that it made me giggle. XDD
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*snrk* It does, doesn't it? I didn't even realize that 'till you mentioned it. XD *has been naming them after particular characters - altering the names slightly, of course* ^.^;
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Guest »

Level: Egg
Pick One Colour Listed Below:
Black
I pick... Blue
Brown
Green
Grey
Purple
Red
White
Yellow

Tiers 2 & 3 - Midori & Ryoushi
A Fireman
A Stunt Double
An Engineer - Midori
A Hunter
A Crime Lord
A Botonist
A Paleontologist
An Artist
A Police'Gon - Ryoushi

Graduation is nearing and my two didra gons have already chosen their individual career. It was no surprise to me when Midori has become An Engineer. On the other hand, it came as quite a shocking surprise to me when I learned that my tough-looking, reputed bad-boy Ryoushi is to become A Police'Gon.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Houka
Image -> Image
Name?

Aaand Ryoushi is evolving!
Ryoushi has evolved from a Tier 2 Air/Fauna to a Tier 3 Good Air/Fauna... which means that I need you to pick a small good trait before I can draw the template. Since I already have Feline's to work on, it could take a while to finish, but I'll post it up as soon as I'm done!

Post by Guest »

Ecto is incredibly fascinated with plant live and the little animals that live on, under, inside, around and off of them. she put her both literal and figurative green thumb to use and became a Botanist! She enjoys spendng the day out in the sun, tending to plants and watching the bugs, snakes and birds crawl all over and around them.

Grimmy spent Ecto's graduation weekend whining and trying to squeeze his nose under the door. One might say he was anxiously guarding the place, but I'd say he just wanted to romp outside!

Since Rooibos was too young to leave at home under Grimmy's care, I took him along with me and let him play in a nearby park during part of the ceremony. He really loved the slide!
Rachael
Dragon

HOMG IT'S FRIDAY WTH

Post by Rachael »

Snowfall and I took some time last week to go out and do what she wanted to, spend some quality time one on one, you know? I gave her a guide to the area, and after some prompting she began looking through it. She found something that sparked her interest, and she asked very politely if I could take her to a small park on an unfrequented part of the coast. Along the way, however, she changed her mind abruptly. "Please turn here!" she'd cried, and I had complied. I found we were in a small, older cemetery. The grass was still kept up by the caretaker, who Snowfall waved to as she jumped out of the car. She was off like a shot, winding between headstones standing erect or embedded in the ground.

I finally caught up to her, just to catch her smiling and looking proud sitting next to one headstone in particular. "Read it," she prompted me, and so I did. The engraving read something like this: "I told you I was sick."

Snowfall continued to smile and wandered among the graves for the next two hours, calling out when she found something interesting, sad when she came to the children's section. She really liked the marble wall where people's ashes had been entombed in the walls. "It's like being surrounded by history!" she exclaimed, nudging a fake flower off its perch as she explored. I didn't share her enthusiasm, but then, I like to pay respect to the dead by remembering that I am still alive, and this is my chance to remain that way.

--

The next week, I decided that I could trust RK and Cineris enough to let them have an unsupervised weekend together. RK apparently pretended nothing unusual was going on, but after suffering countless pranks from Cineris, took himself and his ruffled dignity to the front entry window and guarded our home (and the lawn, when he got tired of waiting inside) until my return. Not that he acknowledged this when I got back. Then he stood up, flicked his tail, and meandered off.

I was glad that RK had kept watch, but was surprised that Cineris hadn't chosen to relax. He always complains about the chores and responsibilities I give him! No, instead he made sure that he needed to be talked to about responsibility, as I got home and found half the house completely wrecked, and the other half following as he pulled off his "grand prank of all time" involving jelly, bouncy-balls, and a paper-mache spaceship.

Oi.

RK: guards house until I get home
Cineris: wrecks the house and had fun doing it
Snowfall: ended up wanting to visit the graveyard
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Tier 1 (Aarenai)

Goes about its regular routines without even noticing.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage

Post by Guest »

Goes about its regular routines without even noticing -- I was expecting him to completely wreck the entire place, but surprisingly enough, he didn't even notice i was gone! I'm not sure if I should be pleased or upset, but everything's in one piece, so -- wait a minute. Where's the ice-cream cake? And the cookies? And the skittles?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Mud
No evolutions today, but woot to graduation!

Rachael
No evolutions today, unfortunately. X3 Snowfall's a little odd one!

Aireona
No evolution, but Aarenai's slowly building up again. :) I forgot to ask; what prize did you want for drawing the flarefy image? ^_^ 3 elemental tics, 2 moral tics, or a one-use crystal ball to see how many tics your pet has?

K.Mythos
No evolution for Reise today!

Post by Guest »

I'll name my new baby Kousetsu. And as for Ryoushi... I'd like him to have a Floating Glowing Crown.
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Snowfall is a scampering little ball of cheese. >3 Or yes, an odd one. XD