Just a note...

Going to be gone for a long time? Just got back from a trip? Keep us in the know here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Just a note...

Post by Asha Wermyst »

So, apparently my dad blocked this place on my laptop but not his own computer. This means I can come by once in a while and see what's up, and also keep tabs on any clutches I have candidates in. Of course, it also means that I can't do much with images, since my key drive is broken (went through the laundry) and there's no way for me to get them back to my computer until and unless I buy a new one.
Anyways, I just figured I'd establish that I'm not dead. I'm actually working on a new project on-and-off..Pernese, of course..since I have nothing to do but wait for PetsMart to get back to me about my job application. And wait for Batman to come out.
So..that's it, really.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Another Batman movie's coming out?! XD He's a machine!

Well, it stinks that the site is blocked for you, but if you want email updates, we can maybe set up some kind of bi-weekly feed over on the yahoo group? (Shard, would that be a good idea?)

X3 It's one alternative, anyways!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah by all means, I could try that out :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

The Black Night, I think. It has the Joker in it, or I wouldn't be interested either. I do like crazy villains, though.

If you wanna try it out and have the time to do so, that would be okay..it's not really anything urgent, since I can sneak onto my parent's computer and check things out every so often.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Dark Knight

I can't wait to see it XD

Post by Guest »

Guh I'm so excited for eet~
RIP Heath Ledger T_T

Too bad for the web page blockage.
Seems silly to me. ><
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

It is. My dad likes to show off that he knows how to block things on the Internet. It's stupid. Once I get my new laptop it shouldn't be a problem..since, if I buy it myself, he can't say that he has rights to it. You'd think I was trying to buy missiles or something..geez.

Yeah, Dark Knight. I got confused with the comic.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Well, internet is generally bad for school marks, in my experience! XD Maybe he's concerned with that?

:< It's still lame not to be allowed to play in a place that's about as mature-themes-free as the internet gets, though!
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

No, it can't be school. I graduated high school already, and the fall semester of college doesn't start until August. Either he's showing off or my mom heard 'Dragonriders of Pern' and got loco. Whatever..they forgot to ban it on /all/ the computers.
*shrug*
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Totally lameity. >:U
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Why would they ban you from dragons, anyway?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Yeah, it's pretty lame, but I'm kind of in a bind until I get my own computer..if I complain too much, they'll take it all away and I can't insist that I need it for college until the new semester starts.

I think it's only Pern, not dragons...my mom read them and for some reason doesn't want me to. I read some anyway, of course, and didn't like them much, but she still insists that I stay away from the Pern books.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Ah, that makes sense. Are your parents by any chance highly religious? There's a lot of sex in the pern books, and ideas about sexuality that could easily offend the more religious conservative mindset.
ImageImageImage
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Mmm, yeah, that could be it. I only read the ones with the girl that had all the firelizards, not any of the more 'serious' books.
Well, anyway, there it is. Once I get a job and a few months of paydays, I should be able to get a fairly decent laptop if I go to Best Buy when they're having the computer sales. I needed a new one anyhow, since mine is eight years old and continuing to act very strangely.
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Ha! Oh, Melly-dear, how you and your faire prosper...

If you ever get a chance in the future, read anything other than that trilogy. I'd never found that one too interesting past my much younger years, myself.