Site's Down

Going to be gone for a long time? Just got back from a trip? Keep us in the know here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Site's Down

Post by Myrror »

Not sure if this goes here, since it referrs to my site..

My Entire Site has vanished off the 'net--and so has the site of my webhost.

It was working yesterday morning, and I'm not sure what happened. Hope it's just a minor problem, and I'll be back. I have all, I believe, my pages backed up on my computer.

If not, it may be awhile before I find a new provider. I'll keep everyone updated when I can.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

o.0 yarp! Woah I hope that's temporary. :(
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Good god! So do I! D:
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Site's back up ^^

As posted on their site:

As you know our DC had a major power failure.

Although we own and colocate our servers, in one of the Worlds largest and most redundant Datacenters a problem occured last night at 7pm EST effecting the power to our server racks.

Although, we have fully redundant APU (auxillary power units) that operate off battery, they are only designed to last 2 hours.

Our Datacenter operates fully rudundant Generators however the problem is that the Main stepdown transformer that carries 1200amp service shorted and not only caused a small fire but destroyed the Power junction feed to the swiching network.

This means the main power supplied by the power company was down and since the swiching junction box was destroyed we lost the ability to turn on the Generators since they are tied to the same master Buss Feed.

Vendors from the Power Swiching Network are on premise and The Fire Department has cleared staff to return to the electrical room and the local power authority is installing a new step down transformer while our vendors are feverishly attempting to get either the new Power feed or the generator tie in.

All Data is 100% secure and there is no issue whatsover with your server. Once power is restored it will come back online as before. Any emails sent to your server during the outage by a properly configured mail server will attempt re-delivery within 36 hours so you should not experience loss of any emails.

We appologize for this outage but it was outside of our control and unavoidable.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Whew :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Thank heavens! ^_^