Advertising: Hybrid Haven

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Dray
Dracolich

Advertising: Hybrid Haven

Post by Dray »

Woo hoo, Hybrid Haven is finally ready to get started!

Hybrid Haven (Beta Testing)

Hybrid Haven is an image-centric, creature-breeding and adopting site! somewhat like a cross between the Nexus and Pony Island, all members are allowed to draw all kinds of hybrids... but there's a twist. The base species that can be adopted out must be registered... but you as members get to submit new species over time. You can even submit hybrids to canonize as species, themselves! >:D

The whole point of this site is for people to have fun coming up with some crazy critters, based on limited stock. Whether you want to adopt the most shinies, or set up a specific, long term breeding scheme to get your perfect creature, or even page and roleplay your newest creature for fun, Hybrid Haven is open for all sorts of cyberpet goodness.

(Also, totally playing favorites with you guys by letting you know about the site first... AND if you page critters from HH on your own website, you can use 'em in the Nexus. :O)

Anyways, HH is in beta-testing mode.

What I Need: Testers! People to submit species, and people to start drawing and handing them out -- and people to adopt the critters that are done!

I could also use one or two moderators, but I won't be settling on that until I find out how the site works.

Please join and poke around... I would really love your input. :D
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Sounds interesting, but nothing of mine would fit, so...

Good luck, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I really wish that I could say I was going to be there. But I am so far behind on so many other things (egyptans, ferilons, the summer swim... feh) I can't honestly join and expect to participate. Here's enough for me for the moment. I may join later, or I may get out of this horrifically bad mood I'm in and join tomorrow. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Oooooh, -shiny-! :D *scamper off to sign up* I may not be able to post much 'till at least next week (aka, after my insane illustration project is finished @.@), but I'm totally in! *bounce*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Looks interesting..maybe this summer if I get some free time (after community college/graduating) I'll give it a try. Right now I think it's safe to say that I'm busy enough with the Nexus and real life.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:3 Well, it'll still be there in the summer and later on, so don't feel like it's an 'I HAVE TO DO LOTS RIGHT NOW!'

As for the work, if you're an adopter, you really don't have to do much at all (especially for giveaways). Just ask for one of the giveaway-types, or sign up so that the adopter can assign one to you, and slap it and whatever info goes with it into the 'adoptables registry'. X3 No making webpages, stats, stories... I'm behind on Nexus things and wanted something that was pressure-free.

For people who want to draw things and give 'em away, it's a bit more work, but there are three registered species right now that are open to anybody to draw (and hopefully more on the way. XD) so if you don't feel like you have anything to add, you can always draw from what's there.

Y'also don't have to import a species in from elsewhere. :P Hybrid Haven is definitely open to new critters, or things that you've thought about making but didn't want to set up the whole procedure for in whatever other adoptables forum/community you belong to!
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Hey, Dray? I have a question about the Hybrid Haven and didn't notice that there was a place to post said question on the forum... >.>

I have a species of smallish critters that would probably fit in well over there...problem is the species is divided up into 'breeds' of sorts so there's a lot of variation within the species...if I wanted them to be available to breed and such at the Hybrid Haven would I have to submit each breed as a separate species?
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I thinks so, yes. >:D If you bred together two different breeds, they'd still technically be a hybrid...

Stealing JKat's Avengaean critters, for example:

Her Askan/Lights, Piralan/Fires, Makanan/Airs etc etc. would all have to go up seperately, but they'd definitely be allowed.

Her daemons probably wouldn't be, unless she divided them into breeds that shared similar traits (and I mean more similar than 'has six legs and a tail'. XD)

If you have more questions, feel free to post them in The FAQ! :D That's what it's there for!
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Okay, thanks! *goes to submit one of the breeds* :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

I signed up but I'm not expecting to do much with it until my computer has a fan (it's sort-of-but-not-quite-dead-yet, I've been using my dad's laptop and comp)

It does look real interesting.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

X3 We're having a creature vote over at the Haven right now, where the top two winners will get registered for breedings, adoptions and giveaways! If you're interested in taking a peek and casting your vote, we at the Haven would really appreciate it!

(And, of course, if you're a new-comer with ideas of your own, everybody's allowed to submit a new creature upon signing up!)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Just wanted to point at that we're still over here and pretty much waiting for things to happen. I just started a small Fireyn giveaway, and might do another if more people show up. :)
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'm glad it's still populated! :O I ran off during move-outs and am sorry I haven't come up yet... it's been a busy month!