vague exchange

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

vague exchange

Post by Guest »

Someone tell me if this has been done before!
I was thinking it might be fun to set up a "secret santa" type exchange of sorts. Everyone signs up, gets their name put into a hat, pairs are chosen randomly etc.
During sign up everyone would post 1-3 traits that they absolutely want (or don't want!) to see, and the person that draws them MUST follow those three requirements.
I thought this would be a great idea for people to get dragons with the traits they really want, while giving their artists a fair shake to make it very much their own creation, too. I think for people who have breeding projects set up this would be perfect, as they can get cool traits they want bred in, but still have a surprise. The three traits could be as vague or as specific as you'd like, and about anything!

must be a gryphon
must be covered in fur
must have two eyes only
must not be bipedal
must feature fire in some way
must have a happy disposition
must be teal
etc!
the giveaway would run for a really long time, considering that everyone involved has to draw a new template.
Any takers?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I might go for that. :3 Definitely depends on if I can get some of my other projects wrapped up first (Must finish what I start! >C) but it would definitely be fun. :3

Post by Guest »

ohh heck yeah, me too. I think it would probably be something to set up for the summer.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

We used to have a monthly dragon exchange that did exactly that, actually. But it died because fewer and fewer people signed up as more and more people never finished the image they were supposed to do and got blacklisted. ^^; So eventually it just stopped entirely.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I want that back :( I had fun with it.

Plus we had the WTF dragon thing a while back too.... o.o We're way too busy these days, which sucks.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

That'd be fun. I was missin' the art practice from that dragon exchange last weekend, so..
Although right now, I have a backlog of papers that are due on Tuesday, and also dragons to get up. So if it starts now, I prob'ly would sit out round one.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Maybe if the exchange were a one or two-time thing it would run more smoothly. XD

Post by Guest »

I had no idea! We should start it up again. Maybe do one in the summer and one in the winter? Though a lot of events seem to go on in the winter :|
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Or maybe if we gave it two months instead of one. I know I never actually finished the last Dragon Exchange dragon I did, but I really.. really.. like it. I should finish it.

I like the idea of an exchange starting up again, I kinda miss it.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I wouldn't mind--of course, I can usually do an outline a day, on average, so....

That's the one thing I can do, is draw.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

I think the one per season idea would be cool. Because then you would have three months instead of 30 days. But then people might forget to them because of the expanse of time there would be between exchanges.I really do miss the exchange we had. The last one was in June of last year?