Special Event - PICKUP and INFO!! :D

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Unyko
Dragon

Special Event - PICKUP and INFO!! :D

Post by Unyko »

All finished! ^.^ See second page for details. *salute!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closed. ^.^ *works on dragons*

Mmmmmmm. *purr* The lunar eclipse puts me in the mood to do a quick giveaway. I won't show you the images, but trust me - they're fun. X3 Somewhat sinister, but still fun. All you gotta do to get one of these guys is fill out the form and answer one question. You can go into as much depth as you want, and I'll even post my own answer as an example. Just because. It amuses me. ^.~

Name:
Email:
Colors:
(up to five, including one metallic if you so desire)
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? (or any lunar phenomena, really, including full/half/crescent/new moons etc...)

And my own answer: A particular moment in Hellsing. This one, in fact. <3 And extra credit (read: extra fun stuff on/with your giveaway dragon) if you know and can tell me (in PM) what's going on in that screenshot. X3

I'll leave this open until tomorrow. Off to go look at the moon now. <3!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE:

Okay, I know it's been a while, but these guys are comming, honest. XD; In fact, they're a little more special than I had originally intended to make them. *amused* Here, to give you a sneak-peek at what I mean, I started typing up a little info about 'em. X3

They're called Abianderni (singular: abiandern), and are from Magis Prime. *point to 'species' link* There are a grand total of nine different 'types' of dragon, cut up into three categories: Primary, Secondary and Tertiary. Primary being the most common types, Tertiary being the rarest.

What follows is a quick explanation of the different types, and what to expect from each one, in order of most common to least common.

Primary types:

Cosmos - These dragons are in tune with the universe, and they look the part. Hides are dappled with a star-like pattern, and every Cosmos type abiandern has it's own set of orbiting 'moons.'

Caster - These are the magic-users of the species. Each dragon has it's own specialty, though all have both intrinsic magic, and the ability to use (and create) magical items. They often wear many such trinkets.

Lycan - So named for both their physical appearance, as well as their propensity for change, Lycan type abianderni have a thick coat of fur, as well as wolf-like ears, eyes and tail. Their coats change color with the seasons; lighter shades of their basic color in the winter time, brighter in the spring, even brighter/richer in the summer, and darker shades in the fall.

Secondary types:

Change - These dragons are the most common secondary. Born only of two Lycan types, Change abianderni are a distilled form of their progenitors. They have lost their wolf-like appearance, but gained the ability to shapeshift. Their appearance depends on the specific kind of Change they represent, be it seasonal change, the day-night cycle, or life and death.

Void - Born of two Caster abianderni, Void types actually negate magic, pulling it into themselves, much like their name suggests. These dragons are always black, with the sheen of a different color. They are specialized mages, focusing on one specific type of magic, be it shields, illusions, or life-magic. They can both manipulate that magic, and 'eat' it.

Interface - These dragons are born only of two Cosmost abianderni, and are quite distinct in appearance; at hatching, the dragon will have pieces of technology grafted to it's body. They are born with these, and the technology is either added to, or replaced as the hatchling grows.

Tertiary types:

Chaos - Extremely rare, these dragons are in the same line as the Lycan and Change abianderni. Only one in fifty dragons born of a Change x Change pairing will result in a Chaos type. Little is known of these dragons, but it is believed that their power is an even more potent, and more focused, form of the Change dragons.

Vampire - Even rarer than their Chaotic counterparts, Vampire abianderni are born of a Void x Void pairing. Their abilities are concentrated forms of their parents, fousing even more on a certain type of magic, but they are not limited to actual magic - their name comes from the only current example, an abiandern who feeds on life energy, specifically blood.

Data - The rarest type of abiandern, Data dragons are born of an Interface x Interface pairing. As in all Tertiary types, these dragons are a distilled form of their parents; they are pure technology. Data given form.

~~~~~~~

So, now you know a little about what to expect, as soon as I get these bad boys colored. X3 Care to take a guess at what type you're getting?
Last edited by Unyko on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:10 am, edited 8 times in total.
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Kitsuneko »

Name: Kitsuneko
Email: silver_storyteller@yahoo.com
Colors: Black, dark brown, silver, red
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? I know it's really cliche, but the first thing that comes to mind is werewolves. :)
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*laff* Actually, I suspect most of the forms I get tonight will have werewolves as their answer. XD I don't mind: I like werewolves. <3!
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shard »

Poop, with the storm systems over california and the west... Not gonna get the chance to see it myself. But what's funny is that they're saying, "well try and see through the patchy clouds" but i'm like... it's not 'there' - it's one thing to try and look for the FULL moon, but... looking for the moon which is *covered by a shadow* ... lol I'm gonna be looking for a patch of DARK! :D

Name: shard
Email: kshau_protectorate @ yahoo.com
Colors: dark blue (indigo), peacock blue (bright), pale blue (icy), white, silver
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? physics. It means to me, where we are, really where we exactly are, that there's this massive star we're around, that we're on a planet, and that there's a dusty hunk of rock circling our planet. It brings things into perspective for me, sharply. First time I ever looked at the moon with binoculars or a telescope, that's what I realized. "You are here."

... It also reminds me of the eclipse in Elfquest where Leetah was terrified out of her mind even though it was just a shadow... plunging her world into darkness. Nice of her to admit her fear, but sheesh. Panic much? :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

Name: Silver Midnight
Email: silverfirelancer@gmail.com
Colors: Red, Light Brown, Gold, Light Yellow, Silver
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? Ha, not just werewolves, but Garou. I've been working on getting my Galliard Glass Walker approved to a game recently, though. So yeah. Garou, from the World of Darkness gaming system, specifically Werewolf: The Apocalypse.
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Name: Xalia
Email: xaliademarin@yahoo.com
Colors: Copper, Burgandy, Orange, Goldenrod, and White
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? A feeling of insignificance and yet 'specialness'. They only come around every so often, so they're special when you get to see them (which I can't because it's been cloudy and rainy all day *pouts*) and yet the lunar eclipse, just like the solar eclipse kinda reminds me how insignificant our lives are in comparison to everything that's going on out in the universe....yeah, I dunno...I'm weird... XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Name: jess d
Email: jld77084@yahoo.com
Colors: cream, burgundy, copper
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? >.> Werewolves ... but mostly cause I've had them on my mind for a couple weeks now XD
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I just went out and looked at it! Haha, timing. X3

Name: Phoenix
Email: thexenoqueen@gmail.com
Colors: Black, red, gold
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? Those scenes in sci-fi movies where a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeg spaceship fills the sky and blocks out the sun/moon/etc. XD

Post by Guest »

I can't find the moon! D:
Name: Mud
Email: foreverzombies@hotmail.com
Colors: orange, white, light blue, cream
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? Freaky pagan rituals!
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Name: TyGryph
Email: ryslen_red@yahoo.com
Colors: ivory, red, darker red, black, and silver
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? The eclipse just is. The moon, however is kindof mystical for me. Heavenly time-marker, and ever present... even when it's "new" and thus hidden, it's there.
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Name: Myrror
Email: myrror_moonscale@yahoo.com
Colors: Black, blue, purple, silver
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? Would you consider me boring if my answer was 'Not much at all'?

And this from someone who's character is a *moon*scale...
ImageImageImageImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Name: StarFyre
Email: starfyre @ silveredmagic . com
Colors: Black, Silver, Dark Teal, White
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? Honestly? My childhood. When a relative told me a story about the moon being the eye of a great mother dragoness who watched over the world.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Name: Dray
Email: dracothrope@gmail.com
Colors: Black, Red, White, Yellow
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? Change; specifically renewal... but more in the same way that death can be considered renewal. The eclipse can be ominous if you let it, but only if you let it.

Post by Guest »

Name: Houka Ryuu
Email: houka . ryuu @ gmail . com <- Please take out the spaces
Colors: Blue, Black, White, Red, Gold
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? Darkness engulfing the land. :P Nah, for some reason, I think of crescent moons... well, more like a sliver of a crescent moon, when there is a lunar eclipse. I mean... earth is supposed to be blocking the sun so in a way, the moon somewhat vanishes from the sky for the duration when the earth is in the sun's way. However... I still think that there just might be a sliver of the moon bright enough to be seen from Earth.
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Name: Cy
Email: xxCyxx@gmail.com
Colors: Black, silver, and dark violet
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? Phases of life. Power drawn from lunar cycles.
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Name: Aireona
Email: aireona93@yahoo.com
Colors: Silver, dark grey, black, and blue
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? Mystery!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Midori
Dragon

Post by Midori »

Name: Midori
Email: umashino@yahoo.com
Colors: Silver, Dark purple, Black, white
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? magic and in turn ravens,
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Mweehehee.

Name: JKatkina
Email: jkatkina at gmail dot com
Colors: Hot Black (like #1A0200) with gold accents and bright red edges, and potentially a counterpoint of sky blue if it looks good.
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? An old friend. She is the ever-present guardian of the psyche, charged with keeping the heart safe and whole at any cost. She is unforgiving and harsh but not malicious, and unwavering in her dedication. Her associations include both self-empowerment and isolation; femininity; guardianship; duality; both cold rage and silent peace.
Image Image Image Image

Post by Guest »

Name: Feline
Email: realmofthefeline@yahoo.com
Colors: Silver, black, icy purple (very light), royal blue (that rich, deep blue that isn't quite stygian)
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? You're going to laugh... cat-woman... I'm an addict. The image on the front of the DVD is her in front of a moon.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Name: DragonFlight
Email: dragonflight@lostmysanity.net
Colors: Blue, Black, White, Silver
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind?: At the moment, it brings to mind White Wolf's RPG system Exalted, particularly one of my favorite characters from the Eclipse Caste. ^_~ And shapeshifting Lunars, and many other celestial sorts of references. :)
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Name: Molly
Email: molly@mysticalplace.com
Colors: Black, White, Dark Purple, Silver
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? Dark magic. XD I know it's weird but when I thought 'lunar eclipse' just now, that was what happened.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Silver Midnight
Dragon

DragonFlight wrote:Name: DragonFlight
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind?: At the moment, it brings to mind White Wolf's RPG system Exalted, particularly one of my favorite characters from the Eclipse Caste. ^_~ And shapeshifting Lunars, and many other celestial sorts of references. :)
Ah! Another person who thought of a White Wolf gaming system, though I think Exalted is Mages instead of Garou.
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Name: Kayla
Email: visit.the.inferno @gmail.com
Colors: Blood red, silvery-white, midnight blue, black
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? Blood moon, or the Hunter's moon in Norse mythology.
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Name: Asha
Email: morm10t0@alltel.net
Colors: Green, blue, silver, black, red
What does a lunar eclipse bring to your mind? ....I saw (another, different) one a year ago in the Chinese restaraunt.
(yeah, okay, lame.)
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Silver Midnight wrote:
Ah! Another person who thought of a White Wolf gaming system, though I think Exalted is Mages instead of Garou.
Exalted isn't part of WoD....though I suppose if you analyze it, if has numerous aspects similar..... the Lunar Exalted can shapeshift, for one. :) I've not played in WoD before, just Exalted.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

DragonFlight wrote:
Silver Midnight wrote:
Exalted isn't part of WoD....though I suppose if you analyze it, if has numerous aspects similar..... the Lunar Exalted can shapeshift, for one. :) I've not played in WoD before, just Exalted.
I realized that sometime later after I posted, btw. :lol:
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Okay, this is now closed. ^.^ I'll be getting in touch with the people who got extra credit points shortly. *salute!*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Unyko »

*updates main post with some new info* X3
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shard »

Woo, this sounds more interesting by the minute! :D I can only guess what kind I'm getting... heh! (i liiiike!)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ooh, these sound really interesting! :3 I'm going to guess 'Change' for mine... just cuz. X3