Sigh, inexpert theft

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Shard
Great Wyrm

Sigh, inexpert theft

Post by Shard »

Have we seen this one before?

http://www.freewebs.com/obeyeye/index.htm

The webpage name sounds so familiar. I looked but didn't find anyone here matching any of the faint descriptions. I'm gonna have to look in to freewebs taking it down, I mean, that IS my Izzy's Cephari up there, along with another of my art flitters, and one of Ef's Moireans. No copyrights, no listings of links, nothin.

*pounds face*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Aughaughaughaughtheincomprehensibility! My eyes! They protest the chat slang! AUGH NOOBSPEAK!

Thanks Shard, now I'm gagging over bad web-design, bad spelling, and the blatant no-no of stealing art.

Just what I needed right before my webdesign class.

But, to be serious, I can't find anything familiar there except the images -- also, I could have sworn I've seen the red dragon on the "bitey's room" page before somewhere, along with the gryphon on the "bitey's office" page (the image name for that is cragnix2 -- this person didn't even bother renaming the images! The Moirean is still named "MoireMidsummernighttrans" after all!)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well I've sent Freewebs two official complaints - one using their form system (which oddly enough though it contains a dropdown selection for Copyright Infringement, their section on the TOS for copyright infringement is the only one which doesn't lead to the FORM...) and another formally sent via email using their breakdown of what needs to be asked.

I've pretty much told em, take it down, there's no links, here's the proof, my friends images are up there too without links, they don't appreciate it. I own this, that and the other, didn't give permission, blah blah yakkity smaackity. :) Sign here. :)

I just have to wonder how long it's been there. Someone on Zantarni (who recognized me, but obviously I have no clue who they are, and they didn't say, and did say they aren't here any more so it could be any number of people) gave me the heads up on it. Good random catch though.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

*twitch* Seriously? My art isn't that good. Why are they stealing my cragnix?

Here's the link for the original cragnix if you need it, Shard.
http://www.geocities.com/hathian_dragon ... agnix.html
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

The adoption site she linked to said it ran up until 2000, so chances are that page is REALLY old. O_o''' Weird.

Also, ew, random floaties across 'Biteys Room' make my eyes hurt. XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I notice she doesn't even HAVE any of the stuff from that site on hers... unless I missed it / it didn't load... and yah what the hell is up with that one cursor, it's a CLOCK?!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

How about them ghosts on one of the pages? Aren't they cute?

I love web-design idiots...
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>_>

<_<

Widiots. Hee hee hee. XD