Little help?

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Little help?

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Hey ya'll.

I've been working on a new critter...sort of a mishmash of stuff. Anyway, I'm needing some coloring help.
Does anyone know if there's a way to take care of little white one-pixel dots that show up on your picture without taking an eraser tool to them and spending an hour cleaning them up?
(like below)

The shading (which scanned badly) I did on the original picture with a pen keeps one from using the magic wand tool to delete the white areas so's colors show up when you use a layer behind the lineart. (I'm using PSP.)
I could, I suppose, just edit out the shading, but I don't want to do that much. The picture looks wierd without it.
Yea...some help would be appreciated, even if it's just to say that I have to use the eraser tool to get rid of the problem.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Everything I do, I go in with the single-pixel tool. :) It's worth it to clean up the whole piece *before any colors* go on. Having clean lineart is essential to doing any kind of clean coloring :)

So..... I don't think there's a shortcut here. Sorries. Looks neat though!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

You're coloring on a layer behind/underneath the lineart, you say? Does PSP have an option to set the lineart layer to "Multiply"? In Photoshop, which I use, doing that basically makes white areas on a layer act like they're transparent.
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

*checks*
Yea, you can duplicate or multiply the layer, but it doesn't help.

No problem, I'll just go in and erase all the white parts. Thanks for the help!