Eragon ;o

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Eragon ;o

Post by Guest »

Yep, just saw the movie. I cried, once. ;-; Overall I really liked it, though. (Granted I haven't read the book, so I'm not one of those people who hate it because it doesn't match the book..) Baby Saphira was sooooo cute. <3

And now that I think about it, one of my all time favorite movies is Dragon Heart. I haven't seen the second one, sadly.

But yes, watching that movie has reminded me of my love for dragons, and now I need to find dragon heart.. Our VHS of it DIED. I was so sad. ;_; I haven't watched it in forever.

Soo.. Discuss.

Eragon, Dragon Heart, and any other movies you can think of that have dragons in it, either good or bad. I want to see them allll <33

Ps. Does anyone know the name of the black-haired guy who helped out later in the movie? I thought he was cute. xDD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

It's been soooo long since I've seen Dragon Heart. I never saw it in theaters, only on small screen. I'm not a fan of sean connery, but he did do a pretty cool job with that particular role. (.... it WAS him, right?)

Eragon I never read the book, but the movie was pretty filled with plotholes and edit errors. On the whole though I liked it. It could have been much, much worse. the dragon was quite nice, though the interaction (and... the acting) was pretty poor in terms of personality and stuff.

I really haven't seen too many other movies which had anything like dragons in em. If I have, they certainly didn't make much of an impression lol.

The thing I just realized I dread about a Pern movie would be that we'd have to sit through 2 hours of *human personalities* ... the dragons wouldn't be central enough unless it was Ruth, honestly.

There's a little movie ... I think it was a final project or a grant from some foreign country's art endowments, it had this dad and son dragons, basically playing t-ball with the knights that came to rescue the girl, and it was AWESOME. I can't recall the name of it but i'm sure its on Youtube somewhere. It was ... much better than most full length films.

Ah - Shrek. Dragon was cute, but the mutant dragon babies were better lol.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Well one other movie I can think of was Reign or Fire, but that was like "AGH DRAGONS ATTACKING!" But I heard the dragons looked really good.

And I have to agree on the plot holes in Eragon.. It was far too short for my liking, and everything seemed to happen in.. two days. xD But nonetheless, I liked it.

Oh god, they WERE going to make a Pern movie a long time ago.. I read about it somewhere. But yes, it would be very hard to turn that into a movie that was even semi related to the books- well, without it being utterly boring. Its fun to read, but a bunch of humans running around and yelling at eachother would take up a lot of time. xD
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

The black-haired guy is Murtaugh. The book it is really good and the second book, Eldest, is even better *is still waiting on the third book :shock: * I too enjoyed the movie. Despite the fact that there's only enough of the actual book in it to /call/ it Eragon :? .

As for other dragon movies, the only one besides Dragon Heart (saw that on a SciFi special once) that I can think of is one where this team of top secret scienticsts clone a dragon and it's really cool but I can't think of it's name.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Oh wow o_o; Scary. I'd still like to see it though xD I think I'm going to make it my personal goal to see every movie I can with dragons in it. <3

And Reign of Fire is different but I guess the dragons are really really mean. :< But all dragons can't be good, after all.
PinkDragon
Fledgling

Post by PinkDragon »

well there is Dragon's World A Fantasy Made Real i think it is really cool it is an informative documentary. http://www.amazon.com/Dragons-World-Fan ... B0007MAO0W

Post by Guest »

Ooh! I saw that. :D At my friends house, it was really cool.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Shard wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312640/plotsummary

That one? Sounds.... eeew? :)
Yup, that's the one and it was AEWSOME!!! I remember the movie vividly :D
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

Shard wrote: There's a little movie ... I think it was a final project or a grant from some foreign country's art endowments, it had this dad and son dragons, basically playing t-ball with the knights that came to rescue the girl, and it was AWESOME. I can't recall the name of it but i'm sure its on Youtube somewhere. It was ... much better than most full length films.
The only one that I can think of that comes close to that is Ritterschlag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVKRkA9Xm8Y

Post by Guest »

Thats pretty cute! I love how the dad tried to put the suit of armor back together after the leg fell off.. xD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yup that's the one :D

I watched it at work so it was hard to recall details :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Hehe, I like things like that. ^ ^ Cute and simple, but not simple animation. I much prefer animation where it almost looks like it could be real, not cartoony.

Ahh, my dragonry is about 50% done! xD Now- the big parts, and the dragons!
PinkDragon
Fledgling

Post by PinkDragon »

eccentricbirdie wrote:Ooh! I saw that. :D At my friends house, it was really cool.
was it the animal planet special or the moive the movie has more in depth info