Ah, Abilities...

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Ah, Abilities...

Post by Keilin Alyr »

I present to you, fellow Nexus-goers, the ultimate question regarding the timeless problem of ability lists. Particularly regarding our favorite miniature swarming pet, the firelizard.

As we all know, traditionally this little creature can convey images and emotions to its bonded human. But what should I call this ability in a simple nutshell? I know Phoenix calls it telempathy, but is it empathic telepathy or telepathic empathy? Maybe empathic conveyance... or something else entirely?

Furthermore, what's everyone's opinion on the idea of dragons and flits having telekinesis? Yeah, it was kinda supported in the earlier books before Anne dropped that bombshell in The Skies of Pern, but should telekinesis become standard for our older Pernese dragons, or do we not acknowledge the existence of the last book? *chuckles*
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

First, on the subject of the "telempathy".... I have no clue. I've never really even thought much about it. So I'm of pretty much no use there XD

But regarding the telekinesis, I'm fine with it. I may add it to my upcoming clutch. I happened to enjoy Skies, but I have been known to enjoy some books other people have given up on. I don't know if it needs to become a standard thing for all Pernese dragons in the Nexus, but I think it could add an element of interest if at least some had it.

I think I had a point to this, and if it didn't show up, I blame it on being up waaaaay past my bedtime, for like the third night in a row XD
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Yeah, it's way past time for me to be getting to bed too. But I'm eating gumbo with some slightly gooey okra in it. I'm good. ^^

I keep wondering if adding telekinesis to the ability lists of some of my really old Pernese dragons would be a good idea. You know, the ones that would probably be yelling at youngsters to keep the hell off their lawn if they were appropriately aged according to timelines. Just something more to ponder.