WDH Frenzy Samplers - colored! #2 up!

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

WDH Frenzy Samplers - colored! #2 up!

Post by StarFyre »

Ok, so... it appears that begging doesn't work lately. Time to take a different tact and try to tempt all of ye with pretties of the colored variety!

And so, showing off tonight... a male from Atameh's clutch by Valadaen! Midnight colored with white points (no clue where those came from), icy wings/tail decorations/mane, and gold scales!

I sorta fell in love with him while coloring him - but if the right candidate comes in, he'll be going out.

-StarFyre
Last edited by StarFyre on Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Wooo.

I really do need to send you the changed pages I intended to get you... Leny? I think? She was at mereeneh? it's been way too long, and my head hurts... :/

Of course my FINGERS hurt too... :(
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

You know, I had a candidate in mind for you. Severeal in fact. Then they all completely fell apart into some sort of lethargic, mind-blocked puddle. Fairly messy. I stopped writing for a reason, but now not writing's just ticking me off... *sighs and chuckles*

If the clutch is going to be yielding beauties like that, I'll definitely try to take my mind off of sniping hundreds of future giveaway critters and try to complete a candidate story. Mind you, it won't be pretty though. >_<
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Shard - Yeah, you were sending Leny for Sunaka's clutch and never got around to updating the last page to reflect her coming to me instead of going... wherever it was.

Keilin - Yes, the clutch will be revealing pretties like this, trust me on this. With most of the colorations, I'm just going to go with winter-ish colors and whatever feels right to me - specific clutches will generally have 'themes' (ex. AtamehxValadaen will be various sky colors, as Atameh is a Faded Sunset coloration and Valadaen is labled as "Air" in his color description. Other clutches will not be as obvious as this.)
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

Gorgeous. :) I'm afraid I only have one candidate for you (for now?) I'm almost finished. I thought i'd be able to get her to you by today, but she seems to be dragging along a bit more then I expected.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Don't worry about it, I was considering lengthening the deadline to August 31st anyway. Now you have a month more to beat her story into submission =P
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I took a spontaneous trip to see my boyfriend (he lives 4 hours away during the summer) but my remaining two candidates for you and their story aren't exactly on his compy. ^^;; If you're moving the deadline to August, that's good but if it stands at tonight I'll do my best to finish them when I get home this evening. ^^;
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

:: falls over :: You're extending the deadline? I stayed up until 1:30 last night finishing pages for nothing? XD :: laughing ::

Ah well. Now I'm certain I'll get the story done, at least! XD
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*laughs* ^^ Sorry for scaring you, Cacopheny - spontaneous decision and a girl's right to be contrary and all that (=P right.. besides, I'm not quite sure I want to keep over 30 dragons all by my lonesome).

I doubt I'm going to be pushing it back any more - my Senior year of HS starts like.. the 5th or so of September. And seeing as the first two classes in my day are Advanced Bio and then Physics... augh >.< I'll live. I hope.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I've sent you 3 candidates and a sponsorship request... :) Wewt!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Hmm.. If I had known that temptation was the way to go, I would have done this weeks ago. *snerk* ^^ Yay for candis and sponsors.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Beautiful, Star'! :D I love your colouring style!

..........;.; Though I prolly won't be getting any candidates into this one, even with the extended due date. >_<' *not feeling up to 'taking care' of new dragons lately* I'm'a still going to oogle them when they come out, though... ;.; So many of my babies having babies! *tear, sniffle!*
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

Got her in last night after all-- you get her?
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Yes ^_^ I like her. *amused snort... pets Sire then flees*
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Lets see, tempting round two!

Tonight it is my honor to present to you... a male from Zhateki's clutch by Otamah! Another oddball coloration considering the parents, but only the "points" and wings, really. (I like doing oddball colorations, can you tell?) "Corpse" blue limbs, dark green scales, black green main body, and silver-blue feather-patterned wings. (Yes. That's wing leather right there. No, there are no feathers on this dragon at all. It's just a pattern that, in some lights, looks like bones >.> Fun.)

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

You make such pretties. @_@ Did my candid-batch get to you?
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Wowwwww. O.O

Need some of these. Must find inspiration... somewhere...
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I make such pretties? This coming from the mighty Phe herself? *faints*

=P Yes, I got them, reading them right now and therefore being lazy and not writing my own candis up.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

@_@ Zomg... pretties indeed! .....*can just see that guy having semi-translucent skin over the points, so you can see the bones and ewness working below a bit of haze and...*

........>_<! Waaaaaaaant......
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Aww *pets Dray* There are sponsorships, you know ^^ And you don't have to type up anything new, really, for one of those.

And yes, you'd probably be able to see his bones/muscles/tendons through the skin on the points. =P The theme for that clutch is Death (if you couldn't guess.)

^^ I'm glad people like these guys.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>_< The stupid thing is, I have most of the story typed up, but there's one part I'm stuck at because it's so dumb. And I hate typing up stats pages, /really/ don't want to do that part... personality blurbs... *shudder* [/whine]

Anyways, more teasers? :DDDD
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

^.^ Yes, more teasers - later. The one I've decided to color is taking me a bit more time than the others, so probably tomorrow another will show up.