Female water dragons?

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Female water dragons?

Post by StarFyre »

Alright, while randomly sorting through my files, I found Yue Yerasai, a sorta Chinese dragon drawn for me by Sil a long while back. Technically he's a Koi dragon, but whatever.

His page, and thus art, is right here: http://www.geocities.com/silveredmagic/yerasai.html (ignoring the fact that it's the absolute wrong stat table and page heading... I apparently never got around to changing any of that)

In any case, somewhat inspired by whan Nessie's doing with the generic giveaways, and the fact that there are apparently very few water dragons out there, I was wondering if anyone might have a female water or two that they wouldn't mind crossing with Yue for me to do arting for -- I'm already snitching an alaskyrian sea from Nessie, so any other sort of water dragon, including other alaskyrians, are acceptable.

Aw heck, and if the dragon wouldn't mind being a female for a while, I'll just end up snitching Mitch and AoM from Nessie and use them as a convenient excuse as to why there's offspring from a male x male cross.

So, anyone have any water dragons they'd be willing to let me cross with Yue? If I end up doing this, I'll hand out 'clutches' of water dragons in a giveaway fashion.. mostly this is me wanting to see how painful I can make my life by way of drawing ^^
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

my friend, you're insanely masochistic.
:3
but i have lots.
I'll go dig their links out now.

Question- asian dragons. i have a few, particualrly whorlings, and i know in mythology asian dragons can beboth like.. water/air, so. what's your take on them?
and do you mind the non-paged sorts? :D

and yay for AoM! <3 I'm like a pimp for their abilities. ^^

-goes link-digging-
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

In terms of straight Chinese (and to some extent Japanese) mythology, the loong is the ruler of weather and water, and is sometimes given the ability to change their size based upon the body of water they find themselves in, or take the form of different water-related weather phenomenon, such as water spouts, tsunami, rain clouds, etc...

Other legends say that the loong begins life looking like a carp, and once it reaches a certain age becomes a dragon who inhabits varying waterways and ponds/lakes/rivers, growing slowly until, on their 2000th birthday (or something like that) they finally ascend to the sky, able to both swin and fly, complete masters of both air and water. (there's supposed to be specific names for each stage... I forget them at the moment)

I have too many books on different dragon mythologies. In any case, I generally tend to follow those legends, especially because so many point to the same idea that the Chinese dragon is a master of both water and air/weather.

As for non-paged dragons... well, for something like this, I don't really care as long as you can honestly say the dragon is yours and whatnot, which I'm not really worried about.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:3 the noes i'm thinking of were drawn by me or have my name in the filename. <3 thank gods for myrror's way of naming files.

and the two asian-dragon looking ones are whorlings, but to my knowledge there's no breeding restriction on those? i dunno ifhtat continues with this, though.
AND i have dragons who have no arts at all, but are still asian dragons. :3 i could give those to you.

anyway- links.

Paged Aquatics
Zoette, pretty bioluminescant girl given to me by shadow.
Tatari, Betta boy who probably wouldn't give a damn either way

Unpaged aquatics
Whorling 1, Female
Whorling 2, unknown gender as of now [you pick?]
[[both of the above came from myrror's ongoing giveaway, so they actually have size/abilities information. i have it somewhere if you need it. the rest are blank slates]]
Equine whorling, but it's aquatic, and there're no whorling restrictions there, except size, which isn't stationary. I'm thinking of it as female.

Unpaged Asian Types
Whorling!, from the ongoing giveaway as well.

Also, there are all of my Hades River beasts, which can live in water [even the phlegethon ones] as easily as on land.

Styx
Acheron1
Acheron2 [male. but who's keeping track]
Cocytus
Lethe
and
Phlegethon

There were a few others, but one was an escentas and even regular breeding was always really strict for them [and the chick who made them probably isn't around here anymore], and the others didn't have the right persnoalities for it, i think.

XP i wouldn't offer you dragons that aren't mine. ^^ but you know that.
Draggies!
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Sylira might be willing to participate...so long as it doesn't keep her away from the bonding society for very long... >.>
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

I have one, another Sil-drawn, and she doesn't have a lot of info at the moment, but she is water based! And she wouldn't mind finny babies XD

Kepesk
Midori
Dragon

Post by Midori »

Okay I have alot more water type dragons then I thought...though hardly any of them are really paged but I plan on fixing that...

Betta fish dragon: http://www.geocities.com/umashino/image ... midori.gif
Raindraught: http://www.geocities.com/edele25/images/qui-win-12.png
Water Whorling:http://www.geocities.com/umashino/image ... ng11_6.gif
Asian/Water Whorling: http://www.geocities.com/umashino/image ... ng14_5.gif
Equine Water Whorling: http://www.geocities.com/umashino/image ... ling03.gif

Asian Kiu: http://www.geocities.com/umashino/zhoucheng.html
Last edited by Midori on Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'm finding myself kicking my own butt for not having finished the summer swim yet... :/ Only a scant dozen are colored, though. It's not happening anytime soon sorry. Meh.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-hugs shard- that's okay, when it finally gets out, it'll be amazing. -wriggles in happy glee-

[ps, if you need help with anything, i'm willing to help. thigns to do are good sometimes.]
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Aww, it's okay Shard - we all know how that goes. =P And I agree with Nessie, when it comes out it will be wonderful.