Anyone want some hydras?

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

caesiusdraco
Fledgling

Anyone want some hydras?

Post by caesiusdraco »

Heya,

It occured to me that my hydra characters really don't fit in at the Caer all that well. Would anyone like them to come stay at their place? Need some hydras for a storyline, etc?

http://draconigena.sphosting.com/serpen ... h/erinyes/

Let me know. :)
S.R. / Coeptus Weir
~*~
Before she turns, rose-thorned tail streaking my hood,
I glimpse from her a thought like jagged glass,
Yet delicate with the texture of sentience:
We remain "turtle-apes", only the shells of our armors grow.
-My Bones Waxed Old by Robert Frazier
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Is that with or without the characters to go with them that earned em? They're so pretty, I wouldn't mind picking them up but I'd feel bad splitting them from their bonds (and be inappropriate in snagging ones I hadn't made some effort for alone).
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
caesiusdraco
Fledgling

Post by caesiusdraco »

Oh no, I hadn't meant giving them away. ;)

I meant more that the characters would just up and move to that place. ;) I still want them. I just don't think they fit in where they're at now.
S.R. / Coeptus Weir
~*~
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

They're the Furies, no? Punishers of sinners and whatnot? If they could be persuaded to *collect* such individuals rather than kill them, they could come on board the Twisted Fate as Seekers (i.e. Searchriders) if you like. X3 Link's in my sig.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oooh they'd be perfect lol.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
caesiusdraco
Fledgling

Post by caesiusdraco »

OMG that's perfect! :D

Thank you so much Phe. They'd definitely delight in that fact, especially the idea that they might be "accidentally" feeding some to especially violent babies. XD

I don't know if you want to use that picture I have on the intro to your site (It was sniped from some source I forgot...), or if you want to use the dragons or what. I see you have the nifty thumbnails on your profile page. Or if you'd rather not list them and just link them as searchers. However you want...

And yes, they're the Furies. *evilcackle*
S.R. / Coeptus Weir
~*~
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Buaha! X3 I have a list of Seekers, referenced off my Rules page, that people can use to quickly decide who they want their candidates to be found by. (The page with the thumbnails is reserved for the super-important names people should know, given the likelihood of said characters being used in hatching stories and whatnot.)

http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/T ... eekers.htm

If you could provide me with 1-2 sentences about each Fury and her bond, summarizing the personalities as I do on that page (which also links to the full stats of the character), I'll happily link them all off there so they can be considered among the ranks of Seeker options. :D
caesiusdraco
Fledgling

Post by caesiusdraco »

H'okay. It might be easier if we did a description as a group? Sheerly because to describe them accurately as individuals would require a lot of repetitive information:

These three in all their terrible glory make up the dreaded Furies of Greek Mythology. Their sheer existance drives them to hound wrongdoers, especially those who have slain their family. While a character may be approached by just one, they always travel in a group and are capable of merging into one physical being whether out of necessity or just to scare the living crap out of someone. Megaera favors punishing crimes out of jealousy or grudges, Tisiphone avenges murders, and Alecto is the most wrathful and fearsome of the goddesses, her very name means "unrelenting". Other noteable traits are that their hair is composed of snakes, they have brass-feather wings, and cry and sweat blood.

Wow. That was really long. O.O Sorry, I tried to narrow it down so that people could accurately get an idea of what they were about/looked like without having to read all their story. Feel free to edit, or ask me to narrow it down if that's more than what you wanted.
S.R. / Coeptus Weir
~*~
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

And so the concentration of Greek mythos increases on the Fate...I have a growing slew of background characters with Greek names and/or themes. X3

Any specific info for the dragons? Hersean, Flaming Mayhem (I have two of their AAM kiddies, heh!), and Sioben?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-raises hand and dances- I HELPED WITH THAT! unintentionally. XP;
caesiusdraco
Fledgling

Post by caesiusdraco »

But of course. I just didn't include it because I thought the character desc. might be too long as it was. ;)

As for their dragons, Hersean, the Ice Queen, is much like her rider Alecto -- cool, calm, and ruthless. She has no mercy and less compassion than her rider. Hersean is the leader of the dragons.
Tisiphone's bond, Mayhem, has at some point drifted gleefully into madness. He's known for random bouts of malicious laughter and drifting in and out of reality. This fiery hydra is as opposite to his sister as is his color. He's very much frenzied -- leaping into unbelievable bouts of rage at random times for apparently no reason.
Sioben is the most outgoing of the group. Her common color and single head work to suit her charm and deception well. She particularly likes to lure the unsuspecting into doom through the other dragons, or Search people without the presence of her siblings and riders. This way, her victims have no clue what they're being lured into and by whom.
None of the dragons has any qualms about devouring or slicing the head off of anyone who approaches them unsolicited.
S.R. / Coeptus Weir
~*~