Generic/Pseudotranditional dragon idea/question/pondering?

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Generic/Pseudotranditional dragon idea/question/pondering?

Post by DNS »

I was thinking, as I was sketching a picture of two draks I got off of kitsuneko recently (and waiting for photobucket to come off maintainence, which it is still not doing. >:| I want to make another attempt at putting htem up, one that my computer hopefully won't freeze in the middle of), about the generic dragons.

Particularly draks, because i've been having trouble finding draks of my own to offer to kitsuneko for her flights, since all the draks i ahve are a- related, and b- related to whoever's flying in that agency. But i suppose it could go to alskyrians and some other generics, too. Maybe not pernese, but something with them might be interesting too.
Is it hard finding draks/what have you to breed with others, because the gene pool is fairly small? It might just be that i'm still fairly new, and i came after their most popular times, so i dunno how many people have unrelated draks and wahtnot.

And then there's this new interst in more tranditional dragons. :/

So.. if we got permissions from the appropriate people, and there is a genepool type thing, I was thinking to perhaps do a clutch, or a giveaway, or something, of just generics. Maybe give away already-bonded characters, or do a tranditional clutch type thing [which i am not doing becuase i already have enough clutches on my sands]. Something like that. :/ If i'm running it, i'd want to do something quick and painless like a giveaway, but if it was a joint thing, maybe someone could do a giveaway and someone else could do a clutch thing, or maybe someone else could just do the clutch thing. iunno.
or maybe this won't happen at all~ >>

If it does, I'm willing to provide some images, if there's shortages. :3
I'm thinking, ifthis does happen, there'll be Icaran Draks, Pernese (Tranditional, and maybe nontranditional), and Alskyrian. Maybe more if i get the suggestions for it. Riders would be determined with chargens, so they'd be anthro, shifters, human and nonanthro/things like sphyxes and centaurs. Maybe throw off that whole gender restriction for bonding for the pernese at least [maybe].

ideas!
and now, i'm going to retreat back to bed. this is very much in a concept stage-- so it's cool if it goes nowhere. XP
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well, I've still got a buttload of Pernese dragon hatchlings and adult images that I used to give out for the Healing Den's original non-stunt clutches.
http://www.geocities.com/baeris_kshau_m ... mples.html

The drak population is still quite small, yes. I'd be willing to put out some clutches from Dun Keiba but they're a bitch to fill, though truth be told if people were interested in giveaways and such I could do another 'alabaster/blackstone' type for them too. I suppose.

Are all 3 of my drak images still in use? I have mine, and Drokh is using another, what about the third? Of course, for Icarus stuff if you're not on the forum for it, Trix and her sister Cyan won't know about it... :/ And they keep records (or they try to) of the lineages. But I have 3 sets, I can't particularly say to use the 3rd because I honestly can't recall if the person using them is actually up and running any more or not? Anyone? Bueller?

But as always I love traditional Pernese and Alskyran and I adore draks. If you had a giveaway for your own templates I'd die for em! :D Heck, my own too but less so lol.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

XP I've been really interested in the draks and the alskyrians myself, actually. :3 I own no alskyrians.

and i was gonna Email them about it and run itby them. The draks were their creations, right? or mostly theirs, so i'd have to run things by them first. -nodnod- X.x and that would probably get confusing, becuase I'd rather not bother with liniages for a giveaway-- just to get blood out there, so the draks and whatnot have such to breed with. :3 I also don't get the dynamics of icarus too well, so that was hte most iffiest one-- i was thinking as little information as i could get away with, for the draks, if i ever did do the draks. >.>

Those templates. -dies happily- I've seen them before, andloved them much! :3 -clings to them--steals them away-

I know I've seen the ones kitsuneko's using, but only those, for your drak images. :3 never seen either of the two, but then I only frequent dragonries on the nexus and lantessama isle, so i wouldn't really know in the first place. ^^;
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

For sure. I'm not sure if my recent obsession with traditional dragons is a nexus-wide thing or just me being weird though :P But I would drool all over draks if they were offered. And Alskyrians too. I'm waiting on Kitsu to open a new clutch at her place so I can throw some Tairesians at her. Rawr.
ImageImageImage
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I would totally do an Alskyrian clutch. I always loved the colour-scheme of the Alskyrians. ^_^
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I'd be rabid if you do a giveaway. :D

And that reminds me that I need to email Cyan about the draks again. ^^;
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:3 whoo! I'll email trix later today, then, about the drak aspect.
As for the pernese/alskyrians. :3 anyone have a suggestion for how that should be run? if it's up to me, i'll just colour up like.. 5 of each colour and throw them out, already bonded. >.> or i can accept characters or something. :3
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Last I paid any attention to Icarus (( >.< )), Duowinged dragons were welcome to rise/chase there, assuming the other party was Drak or part-Drak.

I have hatched part-Draks at Ryslen, and there are a few pseudo-Draks that hatched from one Flurry -- they're Furry Duowings, but the template's the same.

It -has- been a while since I had duowings hatch from a "normal" clutch though. Maybe I should arrange for that...

Maybe I should just hatch a few clutches and give away those extra-leggy things I've been working on. >.>

And I could do a ... well, I could do a clutch of -my- Alskyrian template @ Ryslen... (there's a problem with Caer Yslen... which is in the hatching story for the last clutch... which isn't out.. or if you've read Seyen's story... >.> )
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I'd draw a drak template if someone wanted one to color and it give out - I'm in the midst of reworking all my sites and getting things paged/online, so I don't have time to outline/color any myself right now.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

While Trix and Cyan didn't actually *start* the Icarus thing, they're running it now, and doing a nice job. I wish the rest of us would maybe... go ... and ... run more. :) Its such a fun world.

As for Alskyr too I have the Paniyan dragons. I never did finish the 2nd half of the Egg festival, which has the gryphons. Of course nearly 2/3 of those aren't paged and never will be, so... feh. Dunno what to do about those.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

fyi, this's the drak/pseudo-drak template from Ryslen, if you haven't seen it...

Coyditayt (pseudo-drak) at the bottom of this page:
http://www.geocities.com/darklingdawnsp ... iceth.html
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I've seen it. :3 In fact, I have dragons parented by that very same furry duowinged. ^^ She got me thinking of it actually, because that gene pool isn't that huge either, and even with them combined i've been having trouble digging up dragons to chase. :3

I WANT AN EXTRA LEGGY! -wriggletwitch- but i need to make candidates. ohsomuchtodo! I'll see if there's any time left when i'm done sticking all the babies i'm currently paging up.

and hee, I have a paniyan dragon. :3 Nyanchak. i loves him much. -pets him- I could do something there, perhaps.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Just an update on this-- I just emailed Trix about the draks, though to my knowledge she hasn't been on much at all lately, so yes.
:3

Anything decided with the alskyrians and pernsies? would anyone prefer a certain format for a giveaway type thing (Tranditionals only, tranditionals and some of my magically modified ones, giveaway with character and dragon prebonded, giveaway with just dragon and you find a bond for it, giveaway where you give a character and I give a dragon..?) Anyone else wnat to run itwith me or something, and are there any other generics species that i should include? :3

Also, just a little note- Starand I have been given permission to keep circulating the Vella Crean bloodline. :3 in case you guys'd like to see more of them, too.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well for myself, I wouldn't mind having a giveaway which includes rider and dragon / drak, so I can fill up some more ranks at my castle and other locales. The random generator for icarian riders is still up isn't it?

Are you planning on having an actual castle or just out of Mindspace's places? All my icarian draks would wind up being in my castle, though my Alskyrans would be scattered 'wherever'.

For Pernese I'd want 'really traditional' because they'd be headed to Dragonhope and I would like to keep them as 5/6 colors as possible.

feel free to use the alabaster/blackstone generator for riders too if you wanna. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I've seen it around, i know that, but i forgot where. >.>

I haven't decided on the draks yet-- I actually left it open ended so Trix could make the final descision. It was either going to be draks-come-out-of-Icarus, and i'm hoping to be with as little information as possible-- i.e, not from a specific castle, and most of the rider information would be open ended. [I know I like my drak-bonded characters to come from mindspace, for example, rather than Icarus, becuase I'm not familiar with Icarus at all. Very complicated world, I'd get shit wrong.]
I also left the option open that they could come through mindspace to get placed elsewhere, or that they could be like.. a massive genetic project, with gene samples from tons of NPC draks. That also left the option open for a very select few modified draks, but i dunno if that idea will happen at all. Or if any of it will-- I gave Trix full veto powers.

:3 I can do tranditional pernese-- i did save the pernese template, just on another computer. To make them more interesting, i can colour like.. 5 of each colour, and maybe some extra with subtle markings-- cuz, i mean, there had to have been subtle darker green socks on some pernese dragons, or lighter patches of a colour on some of them. But those might be rarer, iunno. and maybe have a few extra Modified dragons for anyone that would want one, both purposefully modified and BSW-MM-Pernese.

Alskyrian might be a bt more difficult, but i can do something like the pernese thing with that too. :3 and maybe leave it open for people to send me candidates, too, but they'd get dragons immediately, it woudn't be a clutch thing, and i wouldn't be providing parentage or anything.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I could help with Pernese or Alskyrian. And I like having the option of either submitting a character to bond a dragon, or having dragon-rider give-away characters. Like how Dray used to do it with the BWR except less formal. The reason is I have tons of characters I'd like to have bond and would never get around to submitting to an actual clutch, but conversely I love them give-away characters. There should be an option to suggest the species of the rider though, so that people who are going for teh uuuber traditional can request humans, and people who don't care can have anthros and what not. And Nessie's Pernese dragons are love *clings to Craith* Speaking of, I have a question regarding Craith, but I'll send a PM once I figure out what I'm doing plotwise...
ImageImageImage
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Icarus Gen: http://geocities.com/kitsunenekous/aspirantgen.html
For that matter, I actually have a knight (with drak) generator as well, from way back. :)
http://geocities.com/kitsunenekous/knightgen.html

I think I need to add more stuff to them. Hmm...

I personally like giveaways with riders included, but I'm open to sending in characters as well. And while I kinda like the traditional Pernese and Alskyrian colors, I certainly wouldn't mind some modified ones as well. Basically: I don't care about the specifics. I want draks/dragons...:P
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:D ooh, that would be cool. You have anything specifically you want to do?

And yeah, that's what i was thinking. A lot less formal, though, and without the waiting for the clutches. >.> But hopefully slight;y more organized than a character free-for-all. :3 And of course that was an option; I'll be using five or six different gens for the characters, and i'll give people the option ofwhich they want the character from.

Whoo! thanks, kitsu. And that's the spirit~ :D dragons dragons dragons!
hee. >.> there will definately be trandiitonals-- if there are modified dragons, they'll be rarer, and due tothe presence of mindspace and it's influence on them. :3 and they'll likely exist because i tend to get bored of things very quickly, which includes tranditional colours. <.< I'm more asking in case anyone's particularly insulted by the idea, or wants it out of the giveaway asa whole.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I love those gens. :)

I'd be happy with whatever. Nessie if you want me to set you up with some random Draks, they'd come technically from my castle but would be randoms ad unrelated. That way you could have your draks, and eat em too a.....Iiiii mean breed em too!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-refrains from nibbling on them- >.>

Actually, i would truely appreciate it, but only if it's no troublef or you and you don't mind. :3 I only have four draks, which is putting a big strain on the whole, "AI WANTS TO BREED THEM" thing. >.> Which was part of the reason for doing the drak section of this-- the other part is becuase I want to maybe draw some drakkies or half drakkies. <3 fluffy necks!

So.. does anyone have like, any ideas for things i should specifically not do? or do, conversely? :3 [and also some information on the way i should make alskyrians look if I draw them.]
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I know Alskyrians have a set of long horns. Other than that, I think it's really variable. I've seen some with scales and such, and I believe others had soft hide. I think it varies from, like, island or island or something?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yup - that's how we explained the differences in our art - it was genetic isolation. :) Generally speaking they've got horns. Some didn't, I can't recall how many or who made em all. So very few actually got used anyway.

(shit didn't I still have one batch of a/b dragons and riders to give to someone? crap I have to look up what happened with that last batch.)

I'll set up a giveaway, similar to the one with my Alabasters. More for Nessie, than anything else, but if others want to throw in for a couple that'd be fine with me.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

For draks or alskyrians? :3 but i'd be for that sort of thing. And then maybe I could do something like that on a smaller scale with the three big tranditionals. or something. :3

-hugs- thankyoushard~ <3
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

*moresharddraggiewant*

yes.
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Both, why not. :)

Give me a bit, though. I'm working on paging a number of things, in addition to my massive protector elf thing on city of heroes. (massive = at least as many real people as this site gave me if not more, so... like... 55 still waiting to be done up.) I'll try and get on this tomorrow.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Hay. on draks, does anyone know if two drakbonded are any more likely to be mates than two seperate ones?

I know that happens with alskyrians, but i dunno with draks. i have a plan with that.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

There's no precident or rule that I know of, but I would imagine that it would be more likely to be mates if they're opposite gendered.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

and maybe even same gendered-- i asked trix about that awhile ago and she was cool with that. :D but yey, that works for me then. thankyou.