Finances = ick

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Finances = ick

Post by DNS »

Yes. So, by next year, I have to raise 5k dollars. which is a lot to me. ._. someone shoot me in the face.

But yes, I'm pretty much looking for ways to make money, and while I'm DEFINATELY not thinking of relying on just art, I'm hoping i can get a few dollars from it.

I'm not asking for anyone HERE to buy art from me, just so we get that clear. ._. what I'm asking is if there's any art-sale websites anyone knows, prefferably not to formal. X.x Like furbid, but furbid has closed. ._. I could've sold some watercolour shit on furbid.

I actually do have Real!art, but I never show it off, and I'm hoping some people will be interested enough to like. purchase it and shit. Sculptures and flat stuff.

sorry for the vagueness, I'm exhausted and overstressed. Thans for reading.
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

ebay....
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Furbid's not closed, I just found it. www.furbid.ws it's very open.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:3 Huzzah, thank you shard. -hugs-
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Whenever a .com won't work, I always try .org or other such endings, just to see if it redirects. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

All right I'll be the crazy one and ask ... what do you need 5 thousand bucks for? And also deviantart has their prints service but i dont know how it works ...
ImageImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

College. >.> My trust fund doesn't cover all of it. My family doesn't have that kind of money, and I'm trying to avoid a loan at all costs. In the end, I'll prolyl end up taking one out, but yes.
._.
even if it's just 100 dollars, it's worth it. i'll have a job soon, but that will only earn me maybe 2k IF I'm lucky, so yes.

>.> but i'll manage somehow.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Generally speaking any family that doesn't have much financial ease can apply for a grant. You're gonna get a loan at some point during your college life, I guarantee it.

My friend ... had... a 36 THOUSAND dollar loan by the time he finally got out... :/ He paid it off but that took like a long time. But most college loans do not require you to pay anything at all back until after you've graduated/ended school and gotten a job. Then they start nagging. :)

Anyway you should definitely try for a grant or get into a fund of some kind. Most people these days qualify for some kind of freebie.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

oh yay, people nagging me for money~ X.x that would not be fun. XP It's also the reason why I'm putting off getting said loan for as long as I possibly can.

I'm looking into FAFSA, but that only does anything if you're in an associate's degree program or something to that end-- and those that I want are full or I can't get into at the moment. That's why I have to pay the 5k-- it's extra. I THINK those are dropped after a semester, which is when I'm shooting to apply to the big programs anyway, so that would be good-- it's just raising it now that's a bitch. .__. particulalry considering that I can't just take a semester off-- if i'm not a full time student, I loose my health insurance, and I can't get back on the same plan. X.x Otherwise, I wouldn't be worrying much. ._. it's mostly just frustrating.

:3 thanks though, shard. -toddles off to look for more financial aid things-
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

My dad had a student loan to get him through university. Over here, you only have to repay such loans if your salary gets over a certain limit... around 20k I think it is. But we live in the poorest part of the country where wages rarely get over 10k, so he never had to pay it back... Maybe you have similar rules over there?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

X.x I wish. Around here, though, I think it's you have to pay them back no matter what. ._. X.x why can't my country be sane?

thanks, though~ :3
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

*cringes* I don't want to know what my loan's going to look like by the time I'm done school. It's already at 10,000 and I just got it. ;_;
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I'm so lucky that I didn't have to get much of a loan - I'm basically here on scholarships and grants, and only $1000 of it is paid through a loan (that I really don't think I need, but oh well) and my dad's like "yeah, don't worry, I'll pay that off for you at the end of this school year."

So I'm surprisingly well off... but then again, I'm going to a state university, in my state, that's one of the cheapest in the state. (Which... really isn't saying much... $17000 per year? oivey.. but it's cheap compared to others.)
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Mmm, I am here on grants and student loans, tose to the government I'll owe, perhaps too much to pay at once, but in the end I hope it's worth the debt I'll have accrued in time to gain some semblance of a life wher I am firmly in my mind who knows what will happen in time.

Er, which means, good luck on you with the money earning!
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

I wanted the wanted Uncle sam to pick up my tab, but the crappy genes my parents' gave to me have forced me to foot the bill. Stupid bum ticker in my chest...blows...