DF's Update Thread (11/02/06)

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

DragonFlight
Dragon

DF's Update Thread (11/02/06)

Post by DragonFlight »

I started a new post because I couldn't keep track of the info in my old one any longer. From this point, all updates will occur in the first post of the thread only. That way you all can ask questions or chat or whatever and I won't lose track of stuff. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Warnings --
Asha's page for Vec-Nyow is no longer working. Did something happen to your site?

-- Stuff --
Scanner isn't dead but my computer isn't detecting it properly for some reason at the moment. Going to be attempting a software reload tonight.

-- Citadel Of Shadows --
The sketching is done for the clutch by Kailaveth and Mordekai. I'll be inking tonight. Since my laptop is MIA being serviced, I don't have some of my app forms, but I don't recall getting -any- applicants for this clutch so far. They will have color ranking somewhat according to Kailaveth's breed. As my Citadel pages are out of date, please remember that you need either a stats page or a story in your application. I like both, but you need at least one of those. Feel free to use the form on the Citadel pages for candidate submission, or you can PM me. I will accept either of these two methods. Kalhati's clutch has hatchling sketches. It also has yet to receive any applicants. Kalhati's clutch has two fathers - Cemedot and Wisumoth. Expect xeno-hybrids and fluffy mutts with AAM Beast ranking. Colors may not be AAM-based, but it is possible. Kalhati's clutch requires story applications. There is currently no deadline, but it will not hatch until I have at least 10 candidates beyond parental reserves. (Parent reserves do not need a story, but you will not receive a high ranking youngling without one.)

-- Sanctuary Of The Sun --
Goywuy's clutch still needs applications resent, since my laptop is MIA. They will be ready for scanning once I get my scanner connection working again. Apologies for all the delays on this one, people. x_x
Silver Midnight, I have asked several times in my updates for a flight winner for Aldyss' backwards chase. If one is not provided within the next week, his flight will be cancelled.
Purplex and Florid Chorus' clutches are awaiting candidates. Currently no deadline or special rules.

-- Moon Silver --
Moon Silver currently has no official pages up - but DragonFlight will soon be looking for interested individuals, pairings, and whatnot for her projects. (Name still pending.) So here are her submission rules, since I've been too bogged down to do any page work lately.
Submissions are currently open.
DF accepts 'groups' of anywhere between 1 and 5 individuals for a 'project'. (If a single individual is applying, DF reserves the right to take external applications to add to the mix.) A story is not needed to apply, but will be required before the project will proceed. (This permits DF to approve or reject applicants - and she reserves the right to do so.) Stories must indicate why the individuals are seeking DF's skills, and must include any special requests the individuals wish to make, be it prefered parental traits showing in offspring, a certain gender ratio, or even something random added in (purely via DF's manipulative abilities instead of from outsiders). DF accepts applicants of all moral fiber (she considers herself neutral) but does not tolerate excessive violence in her city. (For anyone that has seen her stats sheet, her real name is not public knowledge - it is known to certain individuals only. She expects to be called DF or DragonFlight in public most of the time.) Please note that applicants must be willing to participate, and must be sentient unless prior approval (from myself and the creature's creator) is received. Please email me or PM me (PM currently prefered) if you wish to apply. I hope that all made sense. @_@
Last edited by DragonFlight on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

D: I thought nashai had closed. Ah well. ^^ Congrats to his new owner~ I'll definately try for Maiai, i think. .__o i need to start writing again.

and squee, I LOVE THEM! The outlines look godlike, and the fur texture is nice! ;-; they'reallsopretty. The colours are nice too. Hala-dun and Cho-Frie made me squeel out loud and everything, and I love the others two. XP As always, DF, i love your lineart.

I'll get those images up tonight, if possible.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Nashai was closed already. I just felt the need to mention it.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Snazzy adults! ^_^
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

He's up on mordria.byethost22.com/dragon179.html I'm really sorry about the lateness. I'll fix the image as soon as possible.
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Thank you.
Database Being Revamped

Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

*purrs* Thank you DF! ^_^ I'm still working on a big story for all my b-day gifts. He'll have a home soon.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I've got Hala-dun and Cho-frei up. Do you need the links again, or have you got them somewhere easy to get to?
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

You only need to repost if they've changed. I've got the updates on my hard drive.
Database Being Revamped

Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Woot! They look awesome DF!

No time yet to write storybit, but here is image:
http://www.moon-struck.net/draco_prime/ ... ml#jurashi
ImageImageImage
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Naia-Fa and Kyn-Yu's adult images are up!
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Updates have been made to the first post. (10-18-06)
Database Being Revamped

Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

... that reminds me, who won the abandoned Nashai? >.>
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

That would be you since you're the only person that finished a story. <_<;; I'll see if I can send off the info when I get home.
Database Being Revamped

Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

... oh XD :: laughs :: Is there much info? o.o
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Not really but my records are at home. ^^;;
Database Being Revamped

DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Updated first post with details of my current status.
Database Being Revamped

Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

I have candidaaaaaates! : ) I just need to upload their pages and stuff ^^ ... err, and finish their pages, and stuff >.>

And finish my candie for Fanei, since that's only got one spot left ;.; :: scrambles off ::
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I thought i sent you candidates for all clutches except purplex and florid? :/ including the others. buteh. I will go back and look for who i sent you. can't promise you any story candidates, I'm on story hiatus. Thus, every clutch except that one will get candidates from me. X.x sorry.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I think you did send me people but like I said, my laptop is MIA and that's where most of the forms ended up. Feel free to resend, cause I don't have them otherwise.
Database Being Revamped

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nodnod- that was more cuz you said you didn't have any candidates for the two citadel clutches~ But yes, i'll dig them out. XP course i'll have to scrap the now-story-clutch one, but yes.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

sorry for two posts in a row, but just for the record-

are people who write better stories going to get rewarded for it? /what do you consider a story, is a few paragraphs fine? /does it need to include them actually getting to the citadel?

sorry for the questions. :/ i did actually want into this clutch, soyes.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Well, the first thing to note is 'better stories' is really hard for me to define. Length is no factor. It has more to do with effort, and my personal enjoyment in reading it. ^_^

Story effort is rewarded, yes. For Kalhati's clutch in particular, there is a great deal of wiggle room - all her offspring are subject to the AAM Beast rank system, and can range just about anywhere in it. There might also be some color ranking. Beyond the dragons themselves though, DragonFlight (the character in this case) has been coordinating with the leaders of both the Sanctuary and the Citadel, so offspring from those places can receive tradeable (between any dragons I've drawn after a certain point) chips for genetic alterations - meaning personal customizations on your dragon's adult stage that can actually pass onto offspring. The chart info isn't done for them yet since I've been bogged down but I'm working on it.

In terms of story requirements, there are none. Just as length isn't a factor, neither is subject matter. I view a story as a way to get to know a character better, beyond just their basic stats. If you want to write a tale about your character doing something completely different and not even bringing the subject of dragons up, go for it. Generally if people don't tell me how they get to a location of mine (I'll admit it's hard for some people cause the transportation methods around Kynn aren't well documented yet) I just make something plausible up in my head. ^_~
Database Being Revamped

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Then I think i actually will write a story for you, since all of that is more than reasonable. XP Especially since we can do things that don't include getting to your world. Ialwaysfeelsouncomfortable about writing in other people's settings~~

and eh, I'm not terribly fond of the many-limbed rankings of the AAM beasties, though i find them interesting~ It's just the many heads thing, I wouldn't be able to draw the offspring so easily. I'll include a note when i submit those characters that i'd rather have less heads rather than more. ^^

;-; I wanted to do something like that~ the modification thing. XP I just never got around to it, and it worried it'd cross boundries i was told not to cross. That sounds pretty nifty, though. :D yay. genetic alterations!

do you mind if i send multiple characters in with one story? and i can't promise that you'll SEE teh effort, but i will put it in there. >.> If it's disjointed or you can't understand it, poke me-- i don't think in words, so putting ideas into them is hard for me.

/ramble. thankee.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I feel awkward writing in other people's settings sometimes too. That's why I didn't want to force anyone into mine. ^^

And that's a fine request. ^^ If you don't want lotsa heads, I'll make a note when I get your form (again?). ^^;

I don't mind multiple characters in one story....just not like.....40. That's not fair. XD And trust me, I can tell when someone makes an effort. I may be a mediocre writer but I've proofread so many papers in my school days, I'm an expert at telling ten minute BS from a decent working attempt. ^^

Heh, personally, I don't think in words either. I think mostly in images, and turning alot of things I think up into coherent sentences is mind-numbing. ^^
Database Being Revamped

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

XP 40 is too many for me, I'd die inside. >.> not even i am that insane. At the very most, there will be 4, and if there are 4, it won't be in the same story, msot likely. :D I'm thinking of sending you some important Akhet characters, though. gwee!

thank you. >.> I adore the concept of multiple heads, but drawing them? -dies inside- I have huge respect for people who can draw such things, including you. -bows down to- LOTS OF HEADS = TEH CONFUSING~

I know the feeling, about thinking in images~ I think in images, colours, and random wordless ideas and raw feelings. Putting all that into words is like poking myself in the eye with a needle. ._. notfun. Wouldn't it be greatif you could just draw what you were thinking and people would know exactly what you were thinking about/what you meant? that would make my day.

-gets a'writin!-