Creating a Planet?

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Midori
Dragon

Creating a Planet?

Post by Midori »

Okay I want to creat a planet that I have my own type of dragons on. I have a name for the planet but I'm a bit shoot on how to model the rest of the world unto my own.

So any sugestions on how to do this...

By the way it's called Anakos and I have dragons I've adopted there already but I want to creat a whole world/social system and like I said I'm at a compleat loss. x.x
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well, what I have done (several times)...

Imagine the planet from above. How much land mass does it have? Are the oceans really salty or polluted or all fresh water? How much rainfall is there - where do the people / inhabitants live in relation to it? Are there lots of different predators in any given area? How long has the planet had intelligent life?

I usually apply real-world things to my planets, so continental drift plays a role in what the place looks like as does weather erosion. If there's a desert, how long did it take to become that way? Are there lush jungles? What is the biggest and smallest life form there? :)

I don't know if that's the kind of thing you meant, but I've got a million of em...
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

For societies, you could research various periods of time, or societies of people. There are modern-day cultures, and even more if you look into the depths of history. :/ Egyptians are interesting, ancient greece, victorian england, vari0ous time periods. Also, native american cultures, whatnot... you can take the very base of those cultures and apply it to your world with a but of embelishment and change to it. :/

I do that sometimes. Rarely, but sometimes. >.> and only rarely because my world is strange, mindspace is a miniature nexus unto itself~ >.> SO i don't usually have to create worlds or societies or whatnot. ^^; sorry i couldn;t be more help.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD I don't think I can help... usually my 'worlds' are created and they know it and while sometimes they have a life of their own, they aren't meant to be plausible in reality.

Go for whatever you want! Let it simmer, it'll build it's own flesh and blood-clockwork up if it's something you really want.