Nessie dragons, yea or nay?

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Nessie dragons, yea or nay?

Post by DNS »

I don't have much time, since my mom just arrived and is bitching around downstairs, but yes.

Tell me, keep or scrap? I dunno how many edits i'm gonna be able to do at my mom's house, but i ight try.

I myself am okay with it. except the wings. i fucking hate the wings, btu after messing with them for like. two hours, i'm DONE with them, atleast for today.

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

also, can someone load that on a black background and tell me if there's white pixils outside hte black lines? i don't have time right now. X.x or i'll do it in an hour or so, but yes. there were inthe gif, btu that's the png..
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

:: can't see pngs as transparent, since she uses IE... so old-fashioned, yes yes XP ::

However, that image is adorable ^^ I think you did just fine with the wings, personally. I love the transluscence of them.
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Pfft, shh, /I/ think it looks great! No bitching for you! :P

Plus, as a png, there really ought not to be a halo... that effect seems to be reserved to gif's, as far as I know!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

>.> Then i should be good, so long as no one asks for a gif. and if they ask for gifs, I'll just start bawling, so there.

._. wow, it looks totally different on this computer-- at the one i have at my other house, it's a lot brighter.
/random.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

LOVE! <3
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

I like it, the dragon, it's better than what I can do! I'd send you the images but they're on my mom's comp and it's at my uncle's.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

XP I'm gonna have a clutch of them up, for people who want them, pretty soon. Excellent parents, too. <3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Lovely!! Is this at Black Sheep?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

omg thats so cute! *wants*
ImageImageImage
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*hugs it* I love it to death. I don't care if it's blue. I love it. It looks good as a blue also.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Yep, black sheep. Finally, i can poooost again. -kills sn-

the more I look at it, the more the wings and the fact that there's no shading on the body under the wings annoys me.

._. oh perfectionism.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Just darken the wing-shade area on the body a little bit. I think the image and the coloring are just fine. :) SO much better than what I usually wind up doing for mine.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

BLUE!!!!!

:D
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Like, the general colour of the area, or the shading itself? :/ that might improve things.. i have it on a low opacity, as it is.
and ;-; but. but.
woof.

-rolls around on ground because she can-

and yus, blue. XP very blue. i think i might darken blues for the regular colour, though actually, for the canons, i'm probably just going to make five shades of every possible colour so i can amuse myself with those~
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

*argles* at the number to complete a set :)

Yeah the level of shadow on the *body* could go down another couple notches, is all I'm saying. The wingsail color doesn't need to be any darker, just the shadow effect it creates over the body. *lurves blue*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

*gnaws on dragon and drags it off* >> No one saw that. <<

I love. Great job. ^^
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nodnod- i'll try that. Now if i can get photoshop elements to work.

;-; OH NOES, someone stole the dragon. -looks under some small rocks for it-
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Mmk, i darkened hte colour of the general body underneath the wing, but no shading. it was on low opacity, so i turned it up, and this is what happened:

opacity 100

:/ dunno if that helped. urgh./

and a random dragon i did becuase i was playing with colours and filters. that overlay thing really works, but i am gonna have to find some way of making the wings work more. X.x

Last edited by DNS on Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I don't use layers and overlays, myself. I'd just go in and replace the lighter blue with a slightly darker one (more like the one which the wing spars cast as shadow?). I can't really tell any difference between those three images in terms of blueness. :/ Maybe it's because my eyes are shot...

Love the colorful one!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

.>.> to be honest, I can't either.
:/ I was thinking about that, but i was lazy~
-will try that in a bit-
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

changed the actual colour to something between the wingsail and the body colour. :/ difference probably isn't too noticable, i have trouble with changing things too much. >.> for fear of ruining them.

but meh, now that it's more visable, it makes me twitch becuase hte lack of body-type shading is more visable and contrasts more ehavily with the rest of the body~ urgh, i'll figure something out before the first clutch of these guys, i hope.

in retrospect.. yeah, little difference. :/
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Actually the body-type shading is fantastic. The base shade that is under the wings as body color is too light compared to the shading on the un-wing-shaded body... >.> I would take the mid to dark *shaded* blue portion - like ... the neck curve line, not the darkest shade there, but the middle-dark shade, and use it as the body-under-wing color. That's just me, I mean.

I think it still looks heaps better than mine. :)

It's so cute. He's just like... waiting. *huggles him*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Why not make another layer, DNS, and do some shading for the curves of the body under the wing, itself? It'd give the body more depth behind it... maybe if you just stick with adding in some darker tones under the belly and tail, those parts that are partially hidden behind the wing, that'd solve your problem?

And if you're afraid to make changes, why not save a copy of your current template--fiddle around with one, and if you f' it up, you always have a fall-back, right?

(>.> Also, this is Dray again but I'm posting from Kat's comp and forgot I was logged in as she, again! D'oh!)
Image Image Image Image
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Dray is incognito~ :o

Actually, all the shading is on one layer. >.> But I'll try that, and if it screws up, i'll just.. iunno, bash something around in frustration. I tried that earlier, but i got frustrated since it made the wingsails look the same as the damn colour as the body, but I was already frustrated then, so now i could think more clearly. -nods-
-hugs- thank you for suggestions. ._____. they're all helping me improve tons, even I can see it.

and I have two copies of my current thingum. >.> I'm just paranoid.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Good job, DNS! I just might have to write up a candidate and send it to you though I really should resist - also need to get in on Synth 10 at the Destiny but I'm sure I'll miss that, too. :P My life is getting busier and more hecktic/stressful...

But the shading is good. The only dragons I do a translucent effect with are the tavaryns at Treval City:

(Phe's B-day present as the exsample...:P)

I don't know if this has been suggested but I would shade the body under the wing, too. Of course, you have it easier as the Tavaryns have a glow effect on the wings and I don't draw the membrane edges to add to the illusion that they are very see threw and 'magical'. Transparent things are tricky. I also did an ice dragon for an exchange that was simular...can't remember who got him but he's not in my account at Photobucket and I want to write more of my 'Me on Pern' story because Phalinth is still a baby! :P *huggles her dragon*

Also, I took it into PSP as a copy-paste and there are some blue and grayish white spots around the image that shouldn't be. I think even as a png they would show up. I always have a layer on the very top that is often labled 'Transparency' which covers everything I want to be transparent. If I decide to make the image a transparent png I click inside the transprency with the selection tool, merge all the layers and then I can delete the background completley so it still dosn't have the stupid fuzzy things. :D

Anouther layer is a Shadow Layer which I learned from someone else who made a tutorial once. It was either Kat or Phe...*blinks* But you take a really, really, really dark blue on a Multiply/50% Opacity layer and add shadow onto the image. It makes a differance!

*sits and wonders what green would look like* Green and gold, my two favorite colors! :P
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I have a green done, or a few shades. someone wanted one for an image of their character's RP dragon, so I did that and yus. <3

Otherwise, yus. I dunno how to do ANYTHING in psp. I know htere were excess blue and white pixils around the gif, but can you see them on webbies and such?

The translucency of the wings at all was a feature of the lineart that kind of just stayed when I was sketching it. X.x and now I have to wrestle with it, which is the annoying bit.
urgh~

;-; a candidate from you would be an honour, though being busy is understandable. XP lotsa frenzytypethings. -waves arms around-
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

The green I did for a friend:
She's really bright, though. Doubt many greens will be that particular shade.

and I tried some shading on the body underneath the wing, it's on the left.
shaded with a mouse, which means i missed some edges. urgh. frustrating. :/ I kind of like it better, but then, it still kind of annoys me. argh. -hides from her dragons for awhile-