Xeno Breeding Compatability?

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Astra
Ancient Dragon

Xeno Breeding Compatability?

Post by Astra »

I was sketching some babies for two of my pre-mated pairs when I realized that Thaid's dragons were born during the second Apoc clutch and therefore have Xeno blood. I don't really use xenos for much so I don't know much about them but I realized that they could be incompatable with certain species. Both of the fathers are xeno/hathian hybrids, and take more after the hathian side in appearance. They are very violent, but mostly good in alignment (at least, these two are!). One of the mothers is an Aven/old world hybrid, and the other is a Ricensyal-baby. Unusual pairs, to be sure, but I like how they've come out so far. Anyway, I was wondering if there are any glaring problems that would stop me from going through with the breeding? Thanks...
ImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Dun think so, for the first pair at least. XD I know that Kat was interested in seeing what Aven/xeno babies would look like!
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

As far as I tell, the only things completely anti-xeno crossing is with Phee's Yajuta dragons, and I just think I butchered the name entirely. ^__^;
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

There might be a slight problem with the Rice' baby...might want to contact Lerial and Sil (or Drakiera, Sil drew Kouri, but he belongs to Drakiera) about the parents (Ricensyal and Kourikawa) because I think I remember something about Rice' not being compatible with anything evil...not positive on that, though there was some compatibility limitations on her that you might want to investigate...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

O_o are Sil and Drakiera even around, lately? I haven't seen either at all.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Sil's responsive by email, at least; she might not post a lot here, but she's usually on AIM ^^ Dunno 'bout Drakiera, she might respond to email.
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I can get in touch with Drakiera (taking a class with her and I see her on Y!M sometimes) if need be, but I think Sil's taking a break from dragoning. I think she mentioned it in the chat that she probably wouldn't be around as much...though I think Drakiera would be a better person to contact about Kouri anyways... I don't really think there were any compatibility issues there as he's just an oriental-style dragon, it's Rice' we'll really need to check on...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Thanks all for the input! mithan and bangi arent EVIL, they just have questionable relatives. *snick* Just like in the Sword of Truth series Richard's the son of some psychotic dictator guy, but he's the main hero guy. I'm special. And I thought Rice and Kouri were exchange dragons drawn by Lerial and Sil respectively? How was Drakiera involved? *confuzzled* Anyway if they're against the idea I won't press the issue, though my Bangi/Kourisa babies were pretty sweet looking. Of course I could still use the images if they're non-compatable, and use Ghaeldan, one of my wild Hathians, as a "sperm donor" and elmiminating tthe xeno influence and still using the images. But Thaid and Rowena are married, so I thought it would be cute if their dragons could breed.

If anyone wants to see the hopeful parents in question,

http://www.moon-struck.net/dragons/rowena/ for the mothers
and
http://www.moon-struck.net/dragons/riders/thaid.html for the fathers
ImageImageImage
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Drakiera owns Kourikawa (drawn by Sil) and I believe she made up most of his info...

Lerial drew Rice' for me and ended up coming up with a /ton/ of information about her species after she gave me free rein...so definitely contact her about it, because I don't remember all the specifics! I don't think it'll be a huge problem though especially since Bangi isn't evil...Bangi's the one that's kinda goofy, right? Mithan was more broody if my memory serves me... o.o
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

No, Bangi's the anal retentive one with his head up his butt, Mithan's the party animal. But Kouri's a neat freak overachiever so they get along. Mithan is also friendlier, but more violent, in general, Bangi just likes to sit there and plot.
ImageImageImage
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Okay, for some reason I remembered it the other way...though that does work better...Kourisa was kinda high and mighty as a hatchling...heh...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I could have written it wrong in the story by accident, I always confuse the two *facepalm* I usually refer to them as "the red one" and "the blue one." *snerk*
ImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:DDD Eeeh, a Rufasilex gets to be a parent! ^_____________^ *jigs around, feeling all proud* X3