Ooooooold dragons....

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Samber
Dragon

Ooooooold dragons....

Post by Samber »

(Watch Samber embarass herself!)

'k, I know I have a lot of other stuff on my plate, but I've been trying to get my files organized, and I stumbled across what may be my first attempt at computer-drawn dragons. (Eventually these evolved into the species shown in my avatar, but it took a good... three years? :shock:)

They are *not* shaded, but the lines are connected! (I learned to use the curve tool late, but mastered it quickly.) And they have purty eyes, yiss...

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in acquiring one or two before I throw the pics out? They are about as intelligent as Austarians, maybe a bit more so, and come in six colors/ranks...

Reds are the smallest (the size of a large pony) and most agile. They are fiercer and rather less intelligent than their larger brethren, and in the wild tend to stick together in hunting packs.

Blues (usually sky blue) are a bit larger than reds, and nearly opposite in behavior. While still very social creatures, they are gentle and shy away from battle. They are the most easily tamed, and popular as mounts.

Orange dragons are about the same size as blues, perhaps a bit larger. They are a bit more aggressive, though by no means matching the reds for ferocity, and are incredibly loyal if well-treated. They are not quite so common as mounts, perhaps because of the extra effort required in training.

Greens are quick--in both wingspeed and temper. A green dragon frets and pines if not properly cared for, but this color's speed makes it much desired. Beyond the obvious military uses of extremely fast couriers, in peacetime greens will often be raced against each other for sport.

Blacks are a bit like very much larger reds. They are much more intelligent, however, and thus very difficult to handle. Very few choose to ride blacks, and those who do are usually knights with the resources and skill to be able to invest in training from the egg. A wild-caught black is impossible to control, and sooner or later will turn killer and escape.

Whites are extremely large and strong, and fairly intelligent. However, they lack the correct temperament to be of use as fighters, and so are used as transport, for cargo or passengers. To be a white dragon's handler is considered a great privilige, as it requires skill and a high level of natural empathy.

----

If anyone wants one, there'll be two stages, egg and adult. I need a page (blank with a 'dragon coming soon' note is fine in this case) before I give you an egg, and the egg must be up before the adult stage will be given.

Eggs are the same color as the dragons inside.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

(Blue adult--was originally going to be the 'fledgling' stage, but I never got around to drawing and adult or hatchling. Bad, eh?)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hee hee! Of course! :) That's not a bad image, it's workable you know? How many of em can we beg you for? :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

o0 for a moment, i saw that as
hey are about as intelligent as Australians
and went... huh?

o0

i need sleep.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

It's cute. =)
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Naeodin wrote:o0 for a moment, i saw that as
hey are about as intelligent as Australians
and went... huh?

o0

i need sleep.
Hahahahaha.

I need to show that to my Australian friend XD
ImageImageImage
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Shard: You can have as many as you want, but only one at a time. Like, you ask for one, give me the page link, I give you the egg, you put it up and tell me, I give you the adult, you page it and tell me, and then you can ask for another. *has an egg all ready for you, when you're ready*
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Ooh! I wants one!

They remind me vaguely of the Haven dragons.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

They're what the Haven dragons started out as. *grin* You're Tinsy on DAB, right? Remember my old 'dragonriders' rp? That was with these guys.
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

*nods* Yeah, I remember than one. Vaguely. I had a green or blue or something.. *goes to make a page or three*
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Asha:

A small faerie with spiky blue hair and an engaging grin scampers up to you. "Hi! I'm Tyjt'tyjtd'sghes't!" he chirps. "But you can call me Tyji. I'm your new trainer!" He produces a small, extremely battered egg from a pouch. "You've been sent a red dragon egg..."

--

Gahhh! I only had one copy of the egg image, a jpg, and then I went to make it transparent and shrink it a bit (it was 200x400 originally and I saved it wrong and now this is all I've got. *diiies*
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Aww - well, there's always 'colorize'. :)

My entries! One at a time is fine with me, but all 4 of these are going to want one. :)

http://www.geocities.com/apogee_elf/bmh-sponsors.htm Up to you as to which gets what flavor. Thank you again, these are so cute. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Tyji and his egg are up! Weyr 2. The second link.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Shard:

A fizzing sound (a bit like static) signals the arrival of one of the awaited eggs. A sparkly blue-ish glow appears, just above the ground, slowly materializing into a green egg the size of a honeydew melon. It lands with a soft 'plop'.

--

I'm not going to choose who gets it, you can figure out who's best suited to a green. I've got an idea, but really it's up to you.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Asha:

A well-trained and unusually even-tempered dragoness, the red shows no ill effects from being dropped on her head as an egg. Well, almost none...

Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

*laughs* Morestory!!! Good thing I feel like writing all afternoon.

Ooh! Spikes too!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

My egg is up, I've chosen Wintersnap to be the green's caretaker. They're about his speed. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Deran is up on Tyji's page (still the second weyr), with another two chunks of story (or one, or three, depending on how you look at it.)
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Shard:

Since this male is even more wild and nervous than most greens, it's a good thing his trainer/caretaker has skill in animal bonding.

Asha:

"hELLO!" This time, the new trainer is a girl, and human, though nearly as small as Tyji, with big brown eyes that seem to take up most of her face. She grins up at you happily as she clutches her egg, which is a deep, light-eating black. "i'M kAYLIE!"

One can't help but wonder where they find these so-called 'trainers'.

EDIT: Oh, and Asha... if you could link to the storybit from Tyji's page? I had a leetle bit of trouble finding it (though I eventually did. =D)
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Oh. Must've forgotten to link that. Sorry.

*goes to fix, and put up her new egg, w00t*

EDITIFIED: All fixy, and Kaylie's up in the first weyrlink with her egg and a storychunk.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I've finally gotten mine up, I don't know why it was this long, sorry! Shivver is his name, on the same page as before. Flitty little green. :) Are you still giving these out?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

If you want, but I've got a whole ton to do. Semester finals are starting tomorrow, and I want to get all me dragons paged before my birthday on the 23rd, so... maybe later?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Okey that's fine, if you have the time, throw me an egg but don't stress over any of it! :) The elves'll be there!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com