Copper Frenzy, HATCHED!!

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Copper Frenzy, HATCHED!!

Post by JKatkina »

Dragonets are being assigned, and writing is being done. :) Be patient another week or so.

---

A deadline has finally been set for the Copper Frenzy.

Have your sponsors and candidates ready by the end of October 1st! (That's flexible according to timezone. X3)

---

Hey there!

In an effort to hatch this thing before the summer ends and I disappear into the depths of art college (in a different city, without a computer of my own... *cry*) I'm going to be on a recruiting spree. I figured I'd post this before the week-off so I can get people working on stuff for me. :)

Stat sheets, sponsors, whatever! I'll take almost anything, for once.

But I need to talk to you who have sent in sponsors. That is, the muns of:
Shaael Evenstorm (Yakima)
Lilith Nightscale (DF)
Xeophlis (Mystic)
Shameless Falsetto (Dray!)
Douhanga (Myrror)
Tremor (Xalia)
Ny'avabei Selamputo (Kitsuneko)
Princess (Naeodin)

How many kits do you want to sponsor? Don't ask 'how many', just tell me how many you think you can handle giving decent pages! I'll put an upper limit I think is fair once I see how many everyone wants. :)
Last edited by JKatkina on Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:02 am, edited 8 times in total.
Image Image Image Image
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Lilith Nightscale might be drawn by me (Heck, she's Myrror's youngest daughter!) but she was sent in by DF.

And--what do you consider a 'decent' page.
ImageImageImageImageImage
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

XD Oh dur! My bad. I'm sorry. *changes*

Something with the info I give you up, but the big sticker for me is that you at least try to elaborate on the bare-bones personality I give you. I loathe it when people take things like "stubborn, frustrating, but golden-hearted. Could grow up to be awesome but also could be a disaster." and stick that right on the page. I make these crappy intentionally to give you something to elaborate on, generally. X3 It's not a lot to ask.
Image Image Image Image
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Unfortuneately, I'm a horrid writer.

I can handle one I need to elaborate on.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

So, back on topic, tell me how many you think you want. Writing skills aside.
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I have a sponsorer I need to send to you >.> *pats Sondraun* I just need to add more to his page to get him to the Copper Frenzy.

And if you really need to know how many I can deal with...

... however many you give me. *huffs* Although I'm sure I'm going to be sending candidates as well. I hope. If I can get off my lazy behind and write.

-StarFyre
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

o_0 Well, definitely one of Ny'avabei's kids, but I can't really see her agreeing to take care of bunches of kids who aren't her own...Na'tan, on the other hand, could probably be roped into it...:P

Well, considering the fact I still have ten EverRealm critters to get up, plus several others, and in the interest of not hogging all the eggs, I'd say...Five? Or less? I'd be happy with just the one, really. (Is a sucker for pretty dragons. XD)
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Well, I also have Dread standing there (Dread: *just stands there, growling any anyone calling her 'hydra'*) so...that would be two total?

Dou could probably handle five. I can handle one, unless by some miraculous something or other I'm able to accually write (it happens occasionally) something halfway decent. Of course, by then, I may be back to work, and then time would be a consideration (it's not now)
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

So... In that case would you like to have Wynter sent in as a sponsor?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Just one, from me... while I tend to put up pages for those that come from clutches based on stories and crap faster, I'm still incredibly slow. O_o'' I don't want to bury myself any further in updates then I have to!
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Lilith could handle somewhere between 3-5 I imagine, and I have a couple more candy-dates in the works that I can probably get sent off tonight. ^^;
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Tremor can sponsor one of her own kids and might be able to handle one more...if you want someone who can handle a lot of sponsors though I can send you Miyaki...she's been sponsoring dragons so she'd have help to take care of a huge brood if you want...right now I'm not sure how many I could handle but if it hatches before summer's over I'll be able to put up as many as you want to give me...probably two-three for Miyaki, one or two for Tremor and then whatever my candidate gets...shoot, I haven't even started on his story yet...*sigh*
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

::bumps her sponsor-char and group of candidates to the top of her to-do list:: :D
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

I think I can handle two. I'll throw up a short story-blurb once the hatching goes out. Might elaborate more when they get to adulthood. >.> Which is when most elaboration happens for me.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

How many candidates are needed? It looks like the sands page hasn't been updated in awhile but I know there are at least a few more because Cyrus isn't up there and I got confirmation from you that you recieved him, so just curious as to how many sponsors/filler candidates we all have to make
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I have to remember to send in my Ferilon... And possibly someone else.... Why is it I don't have a sponsorship? It's been so long I can't even remember the rules.

Also, the "send candidates" link from the main page isn't working.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

I'll send you some sponsors and bonders. *Makes a note on her to-do list*
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Five if you're desperate. I often have problems with stories but they get stat pages. As my computer is off being reformated again by someone who knows what they're doing. :)

Heck, if you want to torture Jarel with anouther! Would be an interesting twist to his story. :)

And truthfully, I wouldn't mind one of Shteth's babies as she's Falas-bred. :) (I think that was her name... >.<)
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Once I get my candie-with-a-story done, he'll be perfectly glad to sponsor one... or double-bond... or something... XD His page is up. Just... must sit down and write once I get the chance o.o
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

>.> To be honest, you could probably pile dragonets on top of Temaie. She'd be a bit stressed, but she'd take good care of them. XD Because, oddly enough, she is a dragonslayer who adores any dragons but Ignius...0.o It'd make her settle down for a while though, to raise all of them. XD
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Ooo. I can both sponsor AND bond some with no problem - just let me know what you need to know and whatnot and I can get the info to you ASAP.

....out of curiosity, what exactly does "sponsoring" entail? ::is still SUCH a noob::
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I think sponsering is taking care of a hatchling without them bonding.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Yay, outpouring of love and attention! (hee.)

Myrror, I have Dread in as a candidate. ^.^; Do you want that changed to sponsor?

Rachael (and anyone else who offered sponsors/candidates/whatever): YES! Please! X33

Astra, depending on how many each sponsor takes, we need twenty-five to thirty more candidates. Less, if people send in sponsors who can take multiple dragons. :)

Shard, thank you for letting me know. *sheepish* I'll fix that.

Lakota, sponsoring is when you send a character in who you don't want to actually bond. They take home a dragonet (or two, or three, or...) and essentially raise them, more like a surrogate parent or sibling than a partner of that variety. ^.^ The rules for candidates and sponsors of the Copper minifrenzy are here: http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kat/avengaea/ ... rules.html
Image Image Image Image
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Nah, I sent Dread as a Candidate because I was hoping for one of Dou's hatchlings, if possible, since that batch was more than likely to bond.
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

I'll send Sargon to sponser? If you need any more xD
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Ha! Then Rachael will be coming, with Maali. XD :: off to update ::
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

<_<;;; I just sent you three more candidates, just checking to make sure the email got there. ^^;
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

One or two?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Um, question, is the Copper Mini going to be run or not? Caiva was never accepted for some reason, and I'm pretty sure I sent him (he's the 2 headed ferilon)... and it's been a very long time since anything has been said about the minifrenzy.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>.> Prolly because she's been running from my handmedown computer in the dorms for the past few months, and didn't have all of her files on her. *is waiting on it, too!*